Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What if the UK became the 51st state in the united states!!! Watch

(Original post by Jenniferhhh)
    Discuss.

Spoiler:
    Show

I know, it is a stupid topic and wouldn't ever happen.

Go **** yourself for posting a one-word topic. Especially when you say that without giving any intial thoughts of your own.

Anyway, not going to happen. 'What-if'ing is pointless and futile, as:
    • We are not part of the American landmass
    • We are not part of American culture
    • We do not subscribe to their puerile morals or methods
    • We have our own identity, which predates the colonization of America by over a thousand years, which we will never relinquish
    • "'MURRICA, **** YEAH' - says it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Go **** yourself for posting a one-word topic. Especially when you say that without giving any intial thoughts of your own.

• We have our own identity, which predates the colonization of America by over a thousand years, which we will never relinquish
    Someone got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Chill your beans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Then our borders would be open to 319 million people.
    and say good bye to the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    Yet again I find myself having to correct a left loony that believes all the twaddle spouted by the media.

These are UKIP representatives - are they racist also.

You'll find that a lot of lefties think they are intelligent - doesn't make it true!
    Any idea just how ridiculous you look with the Che pic?

Anyway.

1) I never said all members of UKIP are racist. What I am implying was that there are a large number of racist members, or at least large numbers of members motivated by racist tendencies and that a large number of the policies are driven by racist motives.

2)Being black doesn't make you exempt from racism. I believe the immigration issue as far as the UK is concerned is not focused or even concerned with immigration from sub-Saharan Africa. The man on the left complains that eastern Europeans are given preference over blacks and are making blacks minorities in once majority black communities. That's certainly xenophobic, though in my personal opinion I wouldn't say that Nnorom would be classed as a racist. That said, if you'd posted a picture of Winston Mckenzie (who, funnily enough, blamed senior ranking UKIP members' racism as the reason he left), you'd have a perfect example of how being a 'minority' doesn't make you exempt from being racist. Besides, racism isn't the only thing rife among UKIP members, there's typical things associated with the right wing quasi/actual fascist parties these days such as homophobia etc.

3) I don't believe any of the twaddle spouted by the media. I'm incredibly sceptical of anything I see or read. Unlike yourself for example, I won't see a black guy supporting a racist policy and jump the the conclusion that the policy isn't racist as there is a black guy supporting it. If anyone is guilty of believing twaddle from the media, it's people such as yourself.

But hey, if seeing a few black people supporting helps you to justify your own racist tendencies, go for it mate. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

ReputationRep:
    President Blair would be reinstated
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Y'know, one of the signs of developing mentally past the age of 12 is to entertain an idea that is unlikely or impossible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Calm...

Spoiler:
    Show

...down

ReputationRep:
    The UK doesn't even like being part of an EU! They'd passive aggressively attack the U.S. in their own War of Independence like the US once did against the empire!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It makes sense)
    Tell me what Political Party the Chinese Leader is part of.
    By that logic, The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, is democratic.
    Because it's in the name and names could never be wrong right? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Any idea just how ridiculous you look with the Che pic?

Anyway.

1) I never said all members of UKIP are racist. What I am implying was that there are a large number of racist members, or at least large numbers of members motivated by racist tendencies and that a large number of the policies are driven by racist motives.

2)Being black doesn't make you exempt from racism. I believe the immigration issue as far as the UK is concerned is not focused or even concerned with immigration from sub-Saharan Africa. The man on the left complains that eastern Europeans are given preference over blacks and are making blacks minorities in once majority black communities. That's certainly xenophobic, though in my personal opinion I wouldn't say that Nnorom would be classed as a racist. That said, if you'd posted a picture of Winston Mckenzie (who, funnily enough, blamed senior ranking UKIP members' racism as the reason he left), you'd have a perfect example of how being a 'minority' doesn't make you exempt from being racist. Besides, racism isn't the only thing rife among UKIP members, there's typical things associated with the right wing quasi/actual fascist parties these days such as homophobia etc.

3) I don't believe any of the twaddle spouted by the media. I'm incredibly sceptical of anything I see or read. Unlike yourself for example, I won't see a black guy supporting a racist policy and jump the the conclusion that the policy isn't racist as there is a black guy supporting it. If anyone is guilty of believing twaddle from the media, it's people such as yourself.

But hey, if seeing a few black people supporting helps you to justify your own racist tendencies, go for it mate. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    You seem to be implying and assuming a hell of a lot. Are these all your made up ideas because there is certainly no fact behind them.

I regard you as a typical left loony who cries racist every time someone disagrees with them. Every time someone wants to protect this country from outside influences you have to be racist. Carry on sticking your head in the sand. Like every lefty you just can't see what is staring you in your face.

I really don't know how people like you can sleep with what you are doing to this country!

(Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    Y'know, one of the signs of developing mentally past the age of 12 is to entertain an idea that is unlikely or impossible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, I do it for a living.

(Original post by Willy Pete)
    Someone got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Chill your beans.
    No. People posting threads whose OP is just "discuss" make me want to retch and/or be violent. It's as though the OP wants to watch from on high as people entertain them by arguing over the topic they've set.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be implying and assuming a hell of a lot. Are these all your made up ideas because there is certainly no fact behind them.

I regard you as a typical left loony who cries racist every time someone disagrees with them. Every time someone wants to protect this country from outside influences you have to be racist. Carry on sticking your head in the sand. Like every lefty you just can't see what is staring you in your face.

I really don't know how people like you can sleep with what you are doing to this country!
    You really are deluded

I'm not assuming anything. You are. It takes only a deluded person such as yourself to believe that UKIP is not motivated at some level by racism. Look at all the crap their members have come out with in the past, they led a propaganda campaign on how British values were at risk, etc etc and people such as yourself gobbled it up. Having a black guy as a party member means sweet **** all. You are the one assuming that because he is black, he can therefore not be racist.

I really couldn't give a **** what you regard me as. You don't know me at all. I've called UKIP a racist party and it is you who has (again) assumed that I therefore must be left wing. I suppose under this same logic that David Cameron is also a left winger? Or is it actually that anyone to the left of hating Gopniks, gays and muslims are left-wing looneys?

A political party on paper is one thing, in practice it is always something else. UKIP will never promote racism or want to be associated with it, will want to be seen as welcoming to people of non-white ethnicity, however a large number or rank and file members are motivated by some form of racism. And that isn't an assumption, it is an observation from hearing and reading what their party members say and do. It is you doing most of the assuming here.

Also, I'm Irish and I love what is happening to this country. My goal is to marry a nice young protestant white English girl and name our kids things like Aoibheann and Erskine, they'll all speak Irish as their first language. They'll love muslims and gays and in a few generations time the words British and Culture will be meaning less together (even more meaning less than it already is). Sorry friend, but you can't invade half the planet, rape their lands and expect their people not to flock to your country to reap the benefits that their own nations were exploited to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    If that means we wouldn't need a green card to live in the US count me in. Not even joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    You really are deluded

I'm not assuming anything. You are. It takes only a deluded person such as yourself to believe that UKIP is not motivated at some level by racism. Look at all the crap their members have come out with in the past, they led a propaganda campaign on how British values were at risk, etc etc and people such as yourself gobbled it up. Having a black guy as a party member means sweet **** all. You are the one assuming that because he is black, he can therefore not be racist.

I really couldn't give a **** what you regard me as. You don't know me at all. I've called UKIP a racist party and it is you who has (again) assumed that I therefore must be left wing. I suppose under this same logic that David Cameron is also a left winger? Or is it actually that anyone to the left of hating Gopniks, gays and muslims are left-wing looneys?

A political party on paper is one thing, in practice it is always something else. UKIP will never promote racism or want to be associated with it, will want to be seen as welcoming to people of non-white ethnicity, however a large number or rank and file members are motivated by some form of racism. And that isn't an assumption, it is an observation from hearing and reading what their party members say and do. It is you doing most of the assuming here.

Also, I'm Irish and I love what is happening to this country. My goal is to marry a nice young protestant white English girl and name our kids things like Aoibheann and Erskine, they'll all speak Irish as their first language. They'll love muslims and gays and in a few generations time the words British and Culture will be meaning less together (even more meaning less than it already is). Sorry friend, but you can't invade half the planet, rape their lands and expect their people not to flock to your country to reap the benefits that their own nations were exploited to achieve.
    I think the difference between us is that I value tradition and decency in this country. I am not racist and neither are most of UKIP but because you are so narrow-minded you label anyone who disagrees with your view point as racist. Anyone who does not want migrants in the UK is therefore racist in your book.

The UK has not invaded half the planet. The UK has not raped anyone's lands. Exaggeration to try to prove your point is really pathetic.

You need to start opening your eyes and see what is really going on in this country.

ReputationRep:
    I think the difference between us is that I value tradition and decency in this country. I am not racist and neither are most of UKIP but because you are so narrow-minded you label anyone who disagrees with your view point as racist. Anyone who does not want migrants in the UK is therefore racist in your book.

The UK has not invaded half the planet. The UK has not raped anyone's lands. Exaggeration to try to prove your point is really pathetic.

You need to start opening your eyes and see what is really going on in this country.
    ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.