Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone!

I would like to find out what a job in cyber security may involve, what the benefits and drawbacks of a career in cyber security may be, and what some of the major employers of cyber security professionals are.

I have a limited knowledge in this field so feel free to dumb down any technical language.

ReputationRep:
    Interested too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Hey , i am going to start studying cyber security next year at university but i already have cyber security knowledge and limited experience (self studying) , first off to be involved in this field you would need to love your job , i say this because things change very quickly and things you learn now might not be the same in the future (basically you are always studying for the rest of your life lol)

benefits and drawbacks? "Cyber Security" is a very big field , there are so many roles , if you stated a specific role i could add my opinion

would you like to be on the defensive side of things ? preventing (or trying to prevent) hackers from gaining access? , or if your company been owned already then collecting evidence and start working of a fix?

or would you like to be on the offensive side of the field ? for me i want to become a penetration tester , companies pay penetration testers to attack them and locate a vulnerability which could be exploited and all their data could end up in the wrong hands

there is alot of roles but which ever you pick the same rule would apply , you need to love your job , you need to day dream your job lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.