Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    oh andrew, aren't you a gentleman
    You can't turn this around on me :rofl:

I made an innocent post in the thread and like 4/5 people jumped on it started making sex jokes, smh
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by BlueArmy)
    I can give you some advice on the bike.

First- get a scooter and get your balance right that may take a few months ride a bike with stabilisers- not in public where the English public will rip the piss out of you do this for a month

Then try removing the stabilisers and then you should be able to ride ok
    I wish I could just be able to ride without the stabilizer wheels, but the last time I got on a bike I lost control and almost fell in a lake. :rolleyes:

People will surely think I'm crazy if they see me exercising like that in public I MIGHT EVEN BE ON YOUTUBE AFTER. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can't:
    Whistle
    Take pills that can't be dissolved in water
    Talk to people I'm unsure about (I get so anxious about it and have to psych myself up to do it)
    Listen to a song more than 5 times before memorising the lyrics
    Apply eyeliner evenly
    Remember science/maths facts
    Play netball
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    You can't turn this around on me :rofl:

I made an innocent post in the thread and like 4/5 people jumped on it started making sex jokes, smh
    What sex jokes, I was purely offering you helpful advice on your gag reflex..:eviltongue: you dirty people.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    What sex jokes, I was purely offering you helpful advice on your gag reflex..:eviltongue: you dirty people.
    Already a strong candidate for Flirt of the Year 2017

ReputationRep:
    can't initiate a friendship for the life of me
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Were you, yeah?

And I was just saying that I did not feel those exercises would let me improve and I would leave them to you do to improve your reflex. Purely for medication swallowing purposes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I wish I could just be able to ride without the stabilizer wheels, but the last time I got on a bike I lost control and almost fell in a lake. :rolleyes:

People will surely think I'm crazy if they see me exercising like that in public I MIGHT EVEN BE ON YOUTUBE AFTER. :lol:
    I have never been a great biker on average I do 28 miles (45km) a week
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Were you, yeah?

And I was just saying that I did not feel those exercises would let me improve and I would leave them to you do to improve your reflex. Purely for medication swallowing purposes.
    My reflex isn't as sensitive as yours, therefore swallowing is easy peasy for me, but the right type of practice can always help you improve yourself, yeah? :cookie:

Thanks for looking after me though, how lovely.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by UWS)
    Already a strong candidate for Flirt of the Year 2017

:sneakydevil:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    One side of my family is from Hong Kong.
    And the other half?

I'm Chinese and I eat my noodles with chopsticks, even though I can't use them properly :eek: But I'm only 75% Chinese okay... no judging pls
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I find it near impossible to let go of negative comments directed to me. I struggle to be even the slightest bit optimistic. Not good at being happy, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    My reflex isn't as sensitive as yours, therefore swallowing is easy peasy for me, but the right type of practice can always help you improve yourself, yeah? :cookie:

Thanks for looking after me though, how lovely.
    Thank you for the advice, I shall take it on board and hopefully I'll be just as good of a swallower as you are

Always here to help, EC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    And the other half?

I'm Chinese and I eat my noodles with chopsticks, even though I can't use them properly :eek: But I'm only 75% Chinese okay... no judging pls
    A really weird European mix. :lol:

I'm a lot better at using chopsticks than a knife and fork. I find chopsticks easier, too. All my friends find it hilarious that I can "barely use" a knife and fork. :lol: Meh, no judging from me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen those people who are double jointed and can like bend there whole thumb back and make it touch their forearm. Still dont see how that works :confused::bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    And the other half?

Forgot to ask: what's the other 25%?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    Forgot to ask: what's the other 25%?
    Some really weird Native American mix, I really have no idea what it consists of lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Doctor)
    Anyone seen those people who are double jointed and can like bend there whole thumb back and make it touch their forearm. Still dont see how that works :confused::bhangra:
    I can do it :awesome: Not on my right hand right now as my entire arm is ****ed, but just checked with my left hand. Idk how :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I can't fake enjoyment.
    OMG this or excitement/enthusiasm in general, quite envy people that can pretend to be excited or pleased about things when I have a tough time outwardly showing enthusiasm when I'm actually excited about something :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.