Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm considering doing my Queen's Guides award when I'm 16. If I do it, I'm going to try and start it in the summer after my GCSE exams. Has anyone here done it, and can offer me some insight into what it's like. Is it worth doing? Will it add anything to my university application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    Hello! I'm considering doing my Queen's Guides award when I'm 16. If I do it, I'm going to try and start it in the summer after my GCSE exams. Has anyone here done it, and can offer me some insight into what it's like. Is it worth doing? Will it add anything to my university application?
    Hi,

I haven't done it but I was looking into doing it alongside my Gold Dofe as the requirements are very similar. You can have a look on the girlguiding website to see what you need to do in each section. It will add value to your CV and any applications as you can use it to give examples of the skills that you have developed such as teamwork, initiative, reliability, perseverance e.t.c.. On the otherhand, completing all the sections can be time consuming/expensive/require lots of organisation so I would only do it if you really want to and perhaps do it with a friend(s).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    Hi,

I haven't done it but I was looking into doing it alongside my Gold Dofe as the requirements are very similar. You can have a look on the girlguiding website to see what you need to do in each section. It will add value to your CV and any applications as you can use it to give examples of the skills that you have developed such as teamwork, initiative, reliability, perseverance e.t.c.. On the otherhand, completing all the sections can be time consuming/expensive/require lots of organisation so I would only do it if you really want to and perhaps do it with a friend(s).
    Okay thanks! The college I'm going to offers DofE so maybe I could do them alongside each other.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks! The college I'm going to offers DofE so maybe I could do them alongside each other.
    That's ok. When I was talking to my leader at Rangers she recommended doing them together (and getting them both signed off) as there is a lot of overlap e.g. an expedition, residential, skill e.t.c. You could see which ones you could start in the holiday if you wanted to so that you didn't have to do as much organisation when you go back to college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletPhillippo)
    That's ok. When I was talking to my leader at Rangers she recommended doing them together (and getting them both signed off) as there is a lot of overlap e.g. an expedition, residential, skill e.t.c. You could see which ones you could start in the holiday if you wanted to so that you didn't have to do as much organisation when you go back to college.
    Okay thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    I havent done it myself but i looked into it and considered doing it. I wish id done it now.
    But yeah, id definately do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.