Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been lifting for a few years now , the problem with me is before i strand i was skinny and now I'm lean muscle . My aim is to get bulkier , and only now I'm thinking of changing my diet to do so . ( i take post protein shake too )

I train well and have no problem with gaining lean muscle mass, but i know for a fact eat big to get big .

Any foods or diet implemntations to do so ??

Thanks in advance gurus

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: Stop being vegetarian.

There's literally no step two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Step 1: Stop being vegetarian.

There's literally no step two.
    Not possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger27)
    Not possible
    Then that's the answer to your thread. Not possible.

If it's difficult for highly-paid actors who have the money, time and dedication to invest into it, for you it will be virtually impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger27)
    So I've been lifting for a few years now , the problem with me is before i strand i was skinny and now I'm lean muscle . My aim is to get bulkier , and only now I'm thinking of changing my diet to do so . ( i take post protein shake too )

I train well and have no problem with gaining lean muscle mass, but i know for a fact eat big to get big .

Any foods or diet implemntations to do so ??

Thanks in advance gurus
    Ignore the useless "advice" given above.

If you're already meeting your protein needs via supplements then your only other concern is with getting enough calories to increase your weight. And since meat is not particularly high in calories compared to other foods, being vegetarian won't really hamper you in any way.

Just calculate your TDEE and make sure you eat more calories than that.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody trying to up their calories specifically by eating more meat is doing it wrong.

OP, just increase your intake of beans, lentils, rice, bread, potatoes, cheese, oats, milk, bananas, etc. Easy. I get about 4000 cals a day on a veggie diet without even trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by db10)
    Anybody trying to up their calories specifically by eating more meat is doing it wrong.

OP, just increase your intake of beans, lentils, rice, bread, potatoes, cheese, oats, milk, bananas, etc. Easy. I get about 4000 cals a day on a veggie diet without even trying.
    thank you ! finally some decent advice

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what your question is. You can gain muscle on a vegetarian diet.

Just make sure you hit around 1gram of protein per kg of bodyweight per day, and you'll be OK. Make sure your protein sources are complete. e.g. beans are incomplete, but beans+rice is a complete source of protein.

Beyond that, adjust calories so that you're in a slight (200-300 Calorie/day) excess per day and you will gain weight.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.