Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harris Westminster Sixth Form Interviews- Any tips? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I just did my entrance exam at HWSF for Biology and English.
    Biology was like a typical paper with data-graphs which needed analysing (that sort of thing).
    English on the other hand was this unseen poem: Amoretti XXX: My Love is like to ice, and I to fire by Edmund Spenser
    And I was gobsmacked because I was totally confused about it.
    In the end I scored 491 marks (the cut off for an interview was 381).
    And now I have an interview next saturday on Biology but I'm trying to change it to English.
    What sort of questions do they ask you?
    It would be great if you can help.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you did worse on English, why not stick with biology

ReputationRep:
    I find it easier to talk about English than Bio to be honest. And I looked up the poem and actually understood it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #1Monte)
    Hi there,
    I just did my entrance exam at HWSF for Biology and English.
    Biology was like a typical paper with data-graphs which needed analysing (that sort of thing).
    English on the other hand was this unseen poem: Amoretti XXX: My Love is like to ice, and I to fire by Edmund Spenser
    And I was gobsmacked because I was totally confused about it.
    In the end I scored 491 marks (the cut off for an interview was 381).
    And now I have an interview next saturday on Biology but I'm trying to change it to English.
    What sort of questions do they ask you?
    It would be great if you can help.
    Thanks
    I also did English for the entrance exam along with Chemistry and I'm doing an interview for English. I got a different poem for English (probably because I had to come on the reserve date), 'Death Be Not Proud' by John Donne.
    I'm not sure but I think the interview questions will probably just be about our interests in the subject and around any extra knowledge we have on the subject.
    What time are you going for the interview? I'm going on 13/02/17 at 10am

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, I'm going on 13/02/17 at 10am as well actually.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of questions were you asked in the interview

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.