Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering if anyone is doing the Electronics Module for A-Level Physics? It's new for this year and seems like an unpopular choice; anyone?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Amusing Elk)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechnoGuy)
    Was wondering if anyone is doing the Electronics Module for A-Level Physics? It's new for this year and seems like an unpopular choice; anyone?
    im doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace-master)
    im doing it
    Nice! Finally found someone doing it How you finding it? Have you had previous experience in electronics.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Finally found someone doing it How you finding it? Have you had previous experience in electronics.
    I'm finding it hard. I did AS Electronics
    how are you finding it? how are you revising for it? and have you got any past paper apart from specimen paper?

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it hard. I did AS Electronics
    how are you finding it? how are you revising for it? and have you got any past paper apart from specimen paper?
    I'm finding it alright; but because there isn't any model answers; it's quite hard to write mark-scheme perfect answers.

I've used past papers from the electronics AS/ A level and also the very old spec has some electronics questions; some of which are available here ( http://umutech.net/past_papers.html ) if you scroll all the way down.

I've been using a combination of university lecture notes, an electronics component book and also the Collins revision guide.

I can send you past paper packs if you want, separated into topics such as Op-Amps, Analog SP, Digital SP etc if you're interested.

Nice to know someone else is doing it too. I haven't found anyone studying it so thought it might be an unpopular choice since everyone usually hates AS Electricity

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it alright; but because there isn't any model answers; it's quite hard to write mark-scheme perfect answers.

I've used past papers from the electronics AS/ A level and also the very old spec has some electronics questions; some of which are available here ( http://umutech.net/past_papers.html ) if you scroll all the way down.

I've been using a combination of university lecture notes, an electronics component book and also the Collins revision guide.

I can send you past paper packs if you want, separated into topics such as Op-Amps, Analog SP, Digital SP etc if you're interested.

Nice to know someone else is doing it too. I haven't found anyone studying it so thought it might be an unpopular choice since everyone usually hates AS Electricity
    I have been using a website called kerboodle, its ok but i think it misses some of the content and has things that are relevant.
    have you done the specimen paper yet?
    Also, can you send me the past paper packs

ReputationRep:
    I've attached them. Just ignore the first question; it's always a thermionic emission question; must be a bug in ExamPro.

I've done the hidden Specimen paper and also the one on the AQA Site

Good Luck
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfOA Structured.pdf (368.3 KB, 41 views)
  2. File Type: pdfDSD Structured.pdf (224.1 KB, 47 views)
  3. File Type: pdfDSP Structured.pdf (373.4 KB, 43 views)
  4. File Type: pdfDCS Structured.pdf (376.5 KB, 24 views)
  5. File Type: pdfDCS Extended Writing.pdf (27.1 KB, 19 views)
  6. File Type: pdfASP Strucured.pdf (744.5 KB, 40 views)
  7. File Type: pdfAADS Strucured.pdf (106.7 KB, 51 views)

ReputationRep:
    I've attached them. Just ignore the first question; it's always a thermionic emission question; must be a bug in ExamPro.

I've done the hidden Specimen paper and also the one on the AQA Site

Good Luck
    How did you find them? i found the one on AQAs site alright apart from the 6 marker question about the copper and optical fibre.
    have you got access to the hidden specimen paper?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find them? i found the one on AQAs site alright apart from the 6 marker question about the copper and optical fibre.
    have you got access to the hidden specimen paper?
    My Physics teacher gave the hidden paper as a mock a few months back. I'll PM you a link to where you can download it. I found the one on the AQA website quite nice too, need to brush up on my written questions ie the 6 marker. The hidden paper was quite easy to be honest. Usually specimen papers are quite hard so maybe this exam might not be a night mare after all

ReputationRep:
    My Physics teacher gave the hidden paper as a mock a few months back. I'll PM you a link to where you can download it. I found the one on the AQA website quite nice too, need to brush up on my written questions ie the 6 marker. The hidden paper was quite easy to be honest. Usually specimen papers are quite hard so maybe this exam might not be a night mare after all
    Have you got any notes on the comparisons between different communications links and time division multiplexing?
    im really struggling on these hope the 6 marker is not on them.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any notes on the comparisons between different communications links and time division multiplexing?
    im really struggling on these hope the 6 marker is not on them.
    I see what you mean. I feel like it will be a 6 mark on Time Division Multiplexing since that's a very; heavily theoretical topic.

I've sent you a PM for some resources for these

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.