Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where would you want to spend your honeymoon? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ideally for me and my partner, we'd go back to Iceland or maybe even go to Disneyworld but given our lack of funds and my hatred of flying, we've settled on a week in Edinburgh and the highlands, including a murder mystery weekend

Where would your ideal honeymoon location be?

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield and Barnsley
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What I really want: Malaysia or the Maldives

What I think will happen: Tesco meal for 1 at home watching "The Undateables"

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere like Bora Bora, Maldives and Bali.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Norway for mine and loved it. Only thing I'd change is that we spent only 5 days on the Hurtigruten cruise around the coast. I'd do the full 7 days if I could go again.

ReputationRep:
    On the moon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What I really want: Malaysia or the Maldives

What I think will happen: Tesco meal for 1 at home watching "The Undateables"
    :rofl: In fairness, I'm married, but our elaborate plans to do cool things together end up like that all too often :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thailand or a road trip to no specific destination...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    hell
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    we're going to brussels for 5 days, no plane involved, good food and historical places A murder mystery weekend sounds fun

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Ideally for me and my partner, we'd go back to Iceland or maybe even go to Disneyworld but given our lack of funds and my hatred of flying, we've settled on a week in Edinburgh and the highlands, including a murder mystery weekend

Where would your ideal honeymoon location be?

ReputationRep:
    We did New York and Toronto. Tried to arrange Iceland on the way but it was fully booked. Good venues but a little bit predictable. NY just like TV. Still good though. Friend bought us a weekend in Edinburgh as a wedding present. Also excellent. Try comedy club, ghost tour, camera obscura and Witchery restaurant.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :rofl: In fairness, I'm married, but our elaborate plans to do cool things together end up like that all too often :p:
    The perks of a marriage I guess, cheaper dates (if that's what they're called) :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    We did New York and Toronto. Tried to arrange Iceland on the way but it was fully booked. Good venues but a little bit predictable. NY just like TV. Still good though. Friend bought us a weekend in Edinburgh as a wedding present. Also excellent. Try comedy club, ghost tour, camera obscura and Witchery restaurant.
    Wow those are great locations you visited I hope you get the chance to go to Iceland at some point, it's amazing country and I'm sure you'd like it yeah I've been to Camera Obscura and all the other popular Edinburgh tourist places lots of times but Camera Obscura is definitely my favourite. Did you try the Vortex tunnel?! :eek: never heard of the Witchery restaurant though so I'll be sure to check that out, thanks
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    we're going to brussels for 5 days, no plane involved, good food and historical places A murder mystery weekend sounds fun
    Nice one for some reason I could have sworn it was Berlin you were going to are you going straight after the wedding or a few weeks/months after? We're not going until around Jan next year due to funds and then it'll tie in with our anniversary as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The perks of a marriage I guess, cheaper dates (if that's what they're called) :lol:
    True. Also there's someone who has an obligation to have sex with you :ninja: Lol... seriously though, it's easy to take a husband/wife/partner for granted. You have to remember to go out of your way to do things together.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Wow those are great locations you visited I hope you get the chance to go to Iceland at some point, it's amazing country and I'm sure you'd like it yeah I've been to Camera Obscura and all the other popular Edinburgh tourist places lots of times but Camera Obscura is definitely my favourite. Did you try the Vortex tunnel?! :eek: never heard of the Witchery restaurant though so I'll be sure to check that out, thanks

Nice one for some reason I could have sworn it was Berlin you were going to are you going straight after the wedding or a few weeks/months after? We're not going until around Jan next year due to funds and then it'll tie in with our anniversary as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right, we just decided it was a bit too pricey so we thought we;d go for Brussels which is a bit cheaper and we can see the European parliament buildings whilst we're still in it:P we're going the day after the wedding, won't get there till the evening so will probably go straight to sleep once we're there. I suppose you'll get two anniversaries a year then, your dating one and your wedding one, i have always wanted to see edinburgh looks like a lovely city

ReputationRep:
    That sounds awesome

Honeymoon is a long way off but our dream trip would be some sort of physically active tour somewhere mountainous and cool. A combination of cycling/walking/kayaking would probably be idea.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea if I will ever get married but I'd love to go on like a backpacking type of honeymoon across the world.

ReputationRep:
    Turtle Island, Fiji :love: It's where they filmed one of my favourite movies, and it's said to be one of the most romantic islands ever.

ReputationRep:
    We went to Marrakech, which was amazing. We'll probably do something a bit more dramatic when we hit the ten year mark though.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Probably Tokyo :ahee:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.