The Student Room Group

Getting bad results A Level

I am doing AS this year and when I mean bad results I mean I am getting 3 C's in all of my exams. I don't think I am that bright of a student as I was not the typical guy who left school with all As. My prediction grades are all B's however I want to get all A's to get into a good university.

I am becoming demotivated by seeing the same results over and over what can I do to improve my grades by the end of the year? Please help!
Really, really don't worry! I did moderately okay at GCSE, but while the step wasn't so steep for me at the start of the year, I was doing quite badly in Mock exams and topic-tests. A-levels are a massive challenge, and it's no wonder why so many people can't hack it - but you're definitely not one of them! I have been wondering myself how everyone across the country are expected to get these top grades when things are this hard! :s-smilie:

Ask to see what other successful people are doing when they get home, during their frees (BIG thing - wasted all my frees and regretted it massively on Results Day) and try and implement it. :wink:

Papers, Papers, PAPERS. The key to success. What's better than doing what you''ll be doing in the real thing? Learn from mistakes and really get to know what they look for using mark-schemes.

Gd luck. Hope things improve! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest