Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    question like the title is how hard did you work in your third or final year at uni?

I asked this question earlier but got no replies ;(

So I want a 2.1 at the end like most people so how much work a day, week, month did you do for you course in your final year of study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uop97)
    question like the title is how hard did you work in your third or final year at uni?

I asked this question earlier but got no replies ;(

So I want a 2.1 at the end like most people so how much work a day, week, month did you do for you course in your final year of study?
    I was sitting on a low ish 2:2 by the beginning of final year so I knew I had to change my routine if I wanted to get a 2:1. I made a long term plan and decided to stick to it. Got into a routine of staying in the library every day (if possible) for a minimum of two hours to get some form of work done and then use the rest of the evening to relax and do other things. That way, it nicely spread out the work load (naturally working for longer when deadlines were close) and whenever I didn't get the chance to go to the library I would try to make up for it on other days. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittt)
    I was sitting on a low ish 2:2 by the beginning of final year so I knew I had to change my routine if I wanted to get a 2:1. I made a long term plan and decided to stick to it. Got into a routine of staying in the library every day (if possible) for a minimum of two hours to get some form of work done and then use the rest of the evening to relax and do other things. That way, it nicely spread out the work load (naturally working for longer when deadlines were close) and whenever I didn't get the chance to go to the library I would try to make up for it on other days. Good luck
    thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed. Im currently in second year and because I slacked off so much I've realised that Im probably going to finish this year with a low 2.2 if lucky. Fortunately I still have time to change thats why I was trying to look for advice.

Doing 2 hours work a day and more closer to deadlines seem very possible. So Im guessing you got a 2.1 at the end?
    Thank you again!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uop97)
    thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed. Im currently in second year and because I slacked off so much I've realised that Im probably going to finish this year with a low 2.2 if lucky. Fortunately I still have time to change thats why I was trying to look for advice.

Doing 2 hours work a day and more closer to deadlines seem very possible. So Im guessing you got a 2.1 at the end?
    Thank you again!!!
    Haha so glad you found my message useful I totally understand what it's like to be in your position! It's good you're seeking solutions now, just make sure you stick to whatever you plan on doing in final year because it WILL pay off!

Yeah I wanted to make a realistic goal for myself and two hours seemed like a good place to start. The first few weeks I found myself struggling to drag myself to the library but then I'd remind myself that if I didn't do it now, I'll regret it later. Use the motivation to get that 2:1 to make sure you stick to your plan After a few weeks it became so natural to go to the library every day, knowing that I can still afford to do fun things after my solid study session without feeling guilty (the best feeling haha)

And yes, I got a 2:1 in the end

ReputationRep:
    How are the final year classification collected? it was never explained at the university

I am between 50 and 65 % in my grades for second year what would I need to do to move up to a 2:1?

Would i still have time to get a 2:1 in my final year if I mess up a little. Worked hard but didnt pay off with the getting higher grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.