Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Passport enquiry. I'm really sorry if I post to the wrong forum, I'm new here. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have been having some free problems lately, I want to do many things but I can't because I need a passport to do it. The passport I used to come into the country has expired and no one is accepting it. I wasn't born here, I was born abroad, in a non European country. I came into the country with indefinite to leave/remain visa. My mother is married to a British man and idk if I can apply for a British passport as it is preventing me from achieving things I wanna achieve.
    I have researched about it, but it's very unclear to me. All I know is my mom isn't British by decent, she's British through marriage and I have been living here since I moved here when I was about 11 years old. I am now 17, haven't been out of the country. So guys please help me.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Imafidon)
    Hi guys,
    I have been having some free problems lately, I want to do many things but I can't because I need a passport to do it. The passport I used to come into the country has expired and no one is accepting it. I wasn't born here, I was born abroad, in a non European country. I came into the country with indefinite to leave/remain visa. My mother is married to a British man and idk if I can apply for a British passport as it is preventing me from achieving things I wanna achieve.
    I have researched about it, but it's very unclear to me. All I know is my mom isn't British by decent, she's British through marriage and I have been living here since I moved here when I was about 11 years old. I am now 17, haven't been out of the country. So guys please help me.
    Moved to Travel.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imafidon)
    Hi guys,
    You can apply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.