Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your thoughts on Sheffielders Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Yeah, you're right, Yorkshire is huge. I thought Middlesborough was in County Durham.
    I consider Middlesborough to be North Yorkshire, but it is in fact its own unitary authority now - a bit like Manchester isn't properly part of Lanchasire.

Redcar however is officially Yorkshire, so that's why I used it as an example.

Astonishingly large county nonetheless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pessimisterious)
    I consider Middlesborough to be North Yorkshire, but it is in fact its own unitary authority now - a bit like Manchester isn't properly part of Lanchasire.

Redcar however is officially Yorkshire, so that's why I used it as an example.

Astonishingly large county nonetheless!
    Yeah Yorkshire is massive. Where do you live in North Yorkshire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Nah, boring place.
    Alreyt
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Alreyt

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Yorkshire is massive. Where do you live in North Yorkshire?
    Ripon - one of the smallest cities in the UK! Made the top 10 last time I checked.

Went to school in Harrogate so I know about the posh side of N.Yorkshire you talk of. I remember people in 6th form having new cars bought for them on their 17th birthdays. It wasn't a private school though so there were your rough types as well. Definitely not as bad as other places however.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Ripon - one of the smallest cities in the UK! Made the top 10 last time I checked.

Went to school in Harrogate so I know about the posh side of N.Yorkshire you talk of. I remember people in 6th form having new cars bought for them on their 17th birthdays. It wasn't a private school though so there were your rough types as well. Definitely not as bad as other places however.
    Selby is not that far from South Yorkshire. I just looked up. Is Ripon in the centre of Yorkshire

ReputationRep:
    :mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:
    That's my emoji!

ReputationRep:
    That's my emoji!

ReputationRep:
    Selby is not that far from South Yorkshire. I just looked up. Is Ripon in the centre of Yorkshire
    Selby is near York! That's another thing actually - north and south Yorkshire share a border, heh.

Yeah I guess you could say Ripon is right in the middle. I do an hour south into Leeds for uni through open countryside, and Redcar is about an hour north. Google maps tells me Sheffield is about an hour and a quarter on the motorway, so yeah I'm in the middle I guess. Not a bad little spot!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Selby is near York! That's another thing actually - north and south Yorkshire share a border, heh.

Yeah I guess you could say Ripon is right in the middle. I do an hour south into Leeds for uni through open countryside, and Redcar is about an hour north. Google maps tells me Sheffield is about an hour and a quarter on the motorway, so yeah I'm in the middle I guess. Not a bad little spot!
    I agree. Not bad

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :cyber:

ReputationRep:
    :cyber:
    Are you on thee phone

ReputationRep:
    Why did your ski slope get burnt down then have its generator stolen?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you on thee phone
    My Mac.

ReputationRep:
    My Mac.
    was the Mac stolen from Chesterfield

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.