The Student Room Group

Your thoughts on Sheffielders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by RedManc
You forgot Savile Town in Dewsbury.

Toxteth in Liverpool too. There's plenty of places like this were £50k could buy you a terraced house. Going by your avatar and where you're from, you're probably from a working class background studying politics at Sheffield University and support the labour party.
Reply 121
Original post by Voi
Toxteth in Liverpool too. There's plenty of places like this were £50k could buy you a terraced house. Going by your avatar and where you're from, you're probably from a working class background studying politics at Sheffield University and support the labour party.

Almost right. I am from a working class background. I'm not at uni yet, but yes I did study politics. I do support the Labour Party, but my views, some people might say is closer to UKIP. However, I say I am a strong supporter of Tony Benn and Bob Crow.
Reply 122
Original post by RedManc
Almost right. I am from a working class background. I'm not at uni yet, but yes I did study politics. I do support the Labour Party, but my views, some people might say is closer to UKIP. However, I say I am a strong supporter of Tony Benn and Bob Crow.

You're just an idiot who's not worth my time (just like all Northerners).
Reply 123
Original post by Voi
You're just an idiot who's not worth my time (just like all Northerners).

How am I an idiot. You can just walk away because you don't agree with me.
Reply 124
Original post by RedManc
How am I an idiot. You can just walk away because you don't agree with me.

Because you are from Sheffield. I deem all people from Sheffield idiots. Ergo, you are an idiot.

Simple as that.

Nothing personal mind you.
Reply 125
Original post by Voi
Because you are from Sheffield. I deem all people from Sheffield idiots. Ergo, you are an idiot.

Simple as that.

Nothing personal mind you.

why do you hate Sheffield so much. I don't get it.
Reply 126
Original post by RedManc
why do you hate Sheffield so much. I don't get it.

I'm only pulling your leg. I take me hat off to them Sheffielders. Hard workin' people they are. Now't wrong with em. In fact, I met up with one of em t'other day. Sound lad he was. Had a crackin time down't pub.

Some of the lowest moments in my life have been in Sheffield, but so have a lot of the best ones 👌🏾
Reply 128
Original post by Voi
I'm only pulling your leg. I take me hat off to them Sheffielders. Hard workin' people they are. Now't wrong with em. In fact, I met up with one of em t'other day. Sound lad he was. Had a crackin time down't pub.

Brilliant
Original post by RedManc
I'm 100% Sheffielder, although I do have some Barnsley blood in me.

I'm just wandering what the "outsiders" think of us, whether negative, positive or indifferent.

I've heard that's easy to spot us!

No idea, got a couple days up there for work in June though actually - anything I should be warned about in advance?
Sheffield feels a lot like nottingham apart from the accent and that it's a lot bigger. I've only had few interactions with the people there and they seemed fairly normal. Meadowhall is pretty nice.
Reply 131
Original post by mobbsy91
No idea, got a couple days up there for work in June though actually - anything I should be warned about in advance?

No there is nothing to worry about, its a brilliant place.
Original post by mobbsy91

@Nirvana1989-1994 lives there
Sheffield women spend a huge amount of their disposable income on hair products is what I think.

Sheffield women have the best hair. No question.:wink:
Henderson's Relish & Bassline music.
Original post by fleky6910
@Nirvana1989-1994 lives there

You're a comedian. :colonhash:
Original post by Rock Fan
I do like Sheffield, as it happens I am going there this Friday.

Please don't.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Please don't.

What is that response for, I will be in Sheffield on Friday and that is the bottom line.
Original post by Rock Fan
What is that response for, I will be in Sheffield on Friday and that is the bottom line.

No. :mob:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
No. :mob:

Ha you can't stop me

Quick Reply

Latest