any1 ever done an allnighter.. Watch

This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:
to sort your sleeping pattern out? surely you would need to sleep for that?

the latest i've ever managed is about 3.45 am, then getting up again at 7am the following morning.it killed me the following weekend though
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I worked a 9am til 12noon shift at work then went back in and did an 8 hour night shift that night (I was meant to start at 4am but a baker fell ill) and didn't sleep until the following evening, once. That was pretty tiring, I'm not sure why I didn't sleep after the night shift, I just didn't want to waste my day, I think.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've only done it once and that was because I was too excited to sleep. I tried it another time, but I got bored so I decided to sleep.
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gimp)
I worked a 9am til 12noon shift at work then went back in and did an 8 hour night shift that night (I was meant to start at 4am but a baker fell ill) and didn't sleep until the following evening, once. That was pretty tiring, I'm not sure why I didn't sleep after the night shift, I just didn't want to waste my day, I think.
how many days does it take to recover from that deprivation lol
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
I've only done it once and that was because I was too excited to sleep. I tried it another time, but I got bored so I decided to sleep.
Excited about what?
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Excited about what?
lol, i was gonna ask but didnt
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what were you excited about?

edit: oh dammit you guys beat me to it
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
what were you excited about?
Probably Christmas. That always does me
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Probably Christmas. That always does me
aww! i used to get knots in my stomach when it was getting close to my birthday or christmas, i tried to stay up really late one christmas eve so i could "see santa" coming through my window to give me some presents....el asleep really quickly though. santa left them by the tree in the living room anyway :rolleyes:
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
how many days does it take to recover from that deprivation lol
I was up the next morning! Maybe a little groggy but nothing too bad. Best way to get a sleep pattern back is to just sleep 6/7 hours and get up even if you're knackered and stay awake all day, get another 6/7 hours the next night and in the morning and you'll be fine. Works for me anyway
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I was up the next morning! Maybe a little groggy but nothing too bad. Best way to get a sleep pattern back is to just sleep 6/7 hours and get up even if you're knackered and stay awake all day, get another 6/7 hours the next night and in the morning and you'll be fine. Works for me anyway
i always find if i do a reeeeally late night then just have a couple of hours sleep, i'm fine the next morning, in fact i'm actually quite alert.....that evening it hits me though
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Excited about what?
It was the night before my first ever plane flight. I have always wanted to fly.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was the night before my first ever plane flight. I have always wanted to fly.
Did you sleep through it after staying up all night?
CurtainCall
Report 14 years ago
do that a lot when partying...used to be a party girl
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
holidaying...i always get excited about that as well, i love flying! it's weird i know, but i never get bored of it!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
i always find if i do a reeeeally late night then just have a couple of hours sleep, i'm fine the next morning, in fact i'm actually quite alert.....that evening it hits me though
Nomatter how much or little sleep I get, I don't ever get tired. I might wake up tired, but 20 minutes latter I'm full throtle, and almost always stay that way until I decide to sleep.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you sleep through it after staying up all night?
Heck no! How could someone sleep through their first flight? Actually, how could someone sleep on a plane period?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Heck no! How could someone sleep through their first flight? Actually, how could someone sleep on a plane period?
Well if its a 12 hour flight you probably could
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i always do, usually wake up in time for the meal though granted a plane isn't that comfy,but there's something about the shorter flights (i.e the ones with no films or decent music) which sends me to sleep
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.34%
No - but I will (9)
4.27%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.76%

Watched Threads