any1 ever done an allnighter.. Watch

This discussion is closed.
will_cambs
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:

My mother Once stayed awake 5 days, Hard to believe but true, she worked overtime in nursing. She slept near 2 days after that she never did that again.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by will_cambs)
My mother Once stayed awake 5 days, Hard to believe but true, she worked overtime in nursing. She slept near 2 days after that she never did that again.
how did she have the energy to stay awake that long?!
Pete.S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dint sleep much through the exam week, was up all nite doin practice papers and final revsion, walked straight into the exam, went home and stred revsin for the nxt one
Done this for all my A2's got like a hours sleep every now and then, but by the end of the week i was practically dead (bio synoptic) and i guessed evrything
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This man still hasn't slept. I'm thinking of going out to get the paper, lol.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My record is 4 days and 3 nights without sleeping. Then I walked in fron t of a bus which was scary so decided to get some sleep.

MB
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:
I do it frequently. Its not good and its unhealthy but it gets stuff done.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ive done an all nighter, gone to sleep at 5am, then woken up at 7am to go to work, then gone to sleep at like 3am the next morning, then gotten up at 7am again the next morning. Not good.
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
according to ukl i was last on here 4 hours ago....since logging off i've been to sleep, got up at about 8, got dressed and took my brother to a day club thingy. and i feel really awake!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just read the thread title as 'Has anyone ever done an alligator' must be getting tired!!!
_Shines_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep I do allnighters... to get work done or if we are out clubbing- the longest I've done is a 2 1/2 days solid no sleep... but the thing is I don't feel sleepy until I sit down with achey legs or something... then I'm dead to the world for 5 hours before being ready to get up again
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my record is almost 5 days ... not like wide awake ... i mayb got 6 or 7 hours of sleep during those 5 days .... it was bad on thr 5th day ... i didnt know if i was awake or alseep .... its scary
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
I just read the thread title as 'Has anyone ever done an alligator' must be getting tired!!!
You are right, it does look like Alligator.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
Plenty of times. Usually before morning exams or during the summer holidays.
fatboyslim
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
did it once after a night clubbing, supposed to sleep at someones after instead we just gamecubed untill we all had sobered up at bout 9am and drove home.
nan Siarich
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
Yup, last one was during the Rugby World Cup - went out on the piss for Halloween, got back to the flat about 5am and watched Scotland v Fiji which started at around 6 if memory serves, then straight out to que in a line of thousands for tickets to Hampden for Scotland v Holland. It was great.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ugh, don't remind me... I went to a party, and we were supposed to stay over at my friends house, only he'd done something stupid. He hadn't asked if we could. So, at around 12, he got a phone call from his parents, asking where he was and why he wasn't home. So he had to leave us in the middle of Shifnal (where he lives - a smallish village/town thing). So there was me (a girl), a guy called Aaron, a guy called Iain, and a guy called Richard, stuck in the streets of Shifnal at 12 o'clock at night. With virtually no money, or not enough to get home. And I was outnumbered 3 to 1 with guys, who were slightly drunk still. Oh how fun. So, we wandered around for a bit, went to the train station for some shelter, then got scared because the lights went out... So we went away from there. Then we thought, "lets go and lie down by the seats" so we did that, then we had a good laugh because it was 2am and someone was walking their dog... He got nicknamed "the mysterious dog walker".

So after that we went to the co-op, where there's this sort of shelter thing, and sat there. I'd like to mention now that Aaron was in his pyjamas, as he'd come out wearing shorts (it was in summer). Then we saw a police car. By now it was 3am, and we thought that they wouldn't like the lok of 3 guys and a girl sitting outside a shop at 3 in the morning, so we ran up the alley way towards the car park at the back of the co-op, only for the police car to pull in there.

They pulled over, asked what we were doing, looked at Aaron in his pyjamas, and told him to put his drum sticks away (he was tapping them against each other in a 'threatening' manner). Anyway, they let us go. So we ended up at 3.30 outside another of my friends flat, on their steps, she wasn't awake so we couldn't get in. We stayed there until about 8am, freezing cold. When I decided I could finally call my mum/dad to pick me up (I couldn't call them earlier as they would have been drunk). So I got home. Cold, hungry, but not at all tired (which was odd). I was awake until about 8pm that night, after being awake for a total of 37 hours, and 'sleeping' on the streets, being spoken to by police, who thought we were up to something. All because my friend 'forgot' to ask his parents if we could stay the night

EDIT: So using that method isn't very fun, but if you're planning to stay at home, in the warmth, without a few drunks, without the police questioning you, I would say it's not too bad.
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
to sort your sleeping pattern out? surely you would need to sleep for that?

the latest i've ever managed is about 3.45 am, then getting up again at 7am the following morning.it killed me the following weekend though
im not sure when i come back from clubbin at say 2am, i dont get to bed till about 5 simply because it takes time to get down from the alcohol/party/music high before i feel chilled out enough to sleep.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KerChing)
im not sure when i come back from clubbin at say 2am, i dont get to bed till about 5 simply because it takes time to get down from the alcohol/party/music high before i feel chilled out enough to sleep.
Is that all just code for e?
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio)
i was up for 48 hours once when i was coming back to heathrow and had to change flights 3 times
hester
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they do loads of all nighters at one of the best clubs in birmingham. its open till 6am and its brilliant. but you have to drink steadily all night i find. You cant just drink loads for an hour, you have to have a steady slow drinking rate, and then its all good. but its seriously weird when at 6am you go outside and its light... but its great fun once in a while!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise