Turn on thread page Beta

any1 ever done an allnighter.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At the end of term I do it, usually meaning I collapse as soon as I get home (much to the frustration of my parents, who have to put up with boxes everywhere while I recover). Oh, and of course balls are allnighters - but I think that kind of thing doesn't count really: you're too high (on booze and atmosphere before anyone suggests anything) to feel the effects!

ReputationRep:
    I have been awake for 36 hours once. We were retuning from a holiday and the flight was delayed, not arriving at Gatwick untill 5am, home for 7am - no time for bed. I cannot sleep any where but in a bed, and can only sleep during darkness. So I Would not have slept untill that evening. That is woken up at 8am on day1, gone to bed at 10pm on day2.
    I felt no ill effects.
    The only other thing like this would be getting home from an election count at 3am, getting up for school at 7am. I was also fine then.

ReputationRep:
    the tiredness is beginning to hit me now...i fell asleep in the car before (i was in a car park waiting for my bro to finish his swimming lesson) and i'll probably nod off at some point whilst posting on here. ah well. the fact that i was trying to absorb an italian grammar book at the same time didn't help matters i don't think

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I've not been to sleep for 48 hours before though it felt awful. It is very possible, although I suggest you keep drinking water. I did that and kept needing the loo which made it difficult to feel sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    i was up for about 26 hours when coming back from kenya, the flight back was 8 hours and i think i did sleep for about 15 minutes, and i was in the middle seat of 3 so NO LEGROOM. GRRRR, horrible, just horrible

i was knacked after that, my mate was pissed on the plane lol, he kept telling airport attendants that him and another guy craig were on a honeymoon....ergh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:
    yup - im loving the holidays!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    then not gone to bed the next day therefore staying awake for like 36 hours? is it hard im gonna try it tonight to sort my sleeping pattern out :rolleyes:
    I did that before and then went to see 2 films in a row, the first one was fine and I stayed awake for that, but the second I kept dropping off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I've only done it once and that was because I was too excited to sleep. I tried it another time, but I got bored so I decided to sleep.
    Trying to stay awake is so deadly boring. A few weeks ago I went on this 3-day medical course thing at Nottingham University, and I knew that one of the nights they were going to wake you up really early in the morning for an "emergency callout." They didn't do it the first night, so I knew they were going to do it the second. So I bought three cans of Red Bull and kept awake by drinking them throughout the night. It was about 3 in the morning when they eventually called us out. Half an hour later we were all back in our rooms, but I'd drunk so much Red Bull I was visibly shaking and couldn't sleep. So we stayed up until about 5 chatting, then got bored and went back to sleep.

Don't you always find when you try and stay up all night you just get so bored? It's not so much the tiredness that gets you, more the boredness I find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    I do this every couple of days at university throughout termtime, and occasionally do it twice in a row.

ReputationRep:
    looks like i'm goin to be doin it again....its gonna be midnight soon and ive had about 4 hours sleep in nearly 2 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    how did she have the energy to stay awake that long?!
    God only knows priya, She said she passed the stage of feeling tired, but she vowed never again to do that. 48 Is my longest I felt like crap after that.

ReputationRep:
    Well at the moment my room is being lit up by lightning, and the sound of rain is pretty heavy, so until I get definately tired or it stops, I can't get to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Well at the moment my room is being lit up by lightning, and the sound of rain is pretty heavy, so until I get definately tired or it stops, I can't get to sleep.
    We all know that you never sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    Done it many a time, but only with excessive amounts of chocolate

ReputationRep:
    Once worked an 8am to 11pm shift with no break (ok 5 mins to go to the loo) finally got home and was called in again at 4am. We finnished at about 5.30 and thought ther's no point going home now to come back in an hour or two. So I had a shower, got changed and worked another full day.

BTW I was working in a cath lab so I was wearing a lead apron all the time, those things are heavy.

ReputationRep:
    just been trying to sleep but cant lol, i'll probably go to bed after sometime :rolleyes:
    so have u guys been up all this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    at a sleep over i went to wen i was like 12 i woke up at 9.00am and didnt go to bed till 7.30/8.00pm the next night! i didnt even realize i had fell a sleep till i woke up i was so exhausted and had school the next day!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I've done loads of working all-nighters, usually bug fixing (to avoid revenue loss). Worked about 34 hours straight once, fell asleep on the train on the way home (despite popping a load of pro plus) and ended up in Doncaster.
    5.30am. I'm at 28 hours without sleep now, have to give a presentation in 5hrs :eek: then still be here working till 6pm :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i live for it

ReputationRep:
    I've done an all nighter three times and not gone to bed until the next evening, might reach four by next thursday.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.