Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to speak to her without messing up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey

There's this girl I've seen around a lot recently at the gym (she works there) and I'm really wanting to go and have a proper chat with her.
    I just really don't know how.
    I'm rubbish with girls and will almost certainly mess it up.
    So any NORMAL advice will be greatly appreciated!

We've spoken a little so far but nothing major really.
    She's really nice and friendly and has helped me out so much so far (way more than the other staff there)

Does anyone have any advice?
    She's way out of my league but heck, no harm in trying, right?

I'm really shy and quiet and just don't know how to go about this after my 9 previous rejections :/

ReputationRep:
    go home first and beat your meat then when at the gym just smile and approach her. Ask her how hers days been etc just be nice and get to know more about her and dont talk about yourself then ask for the number
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What have you spoken about so far? Rejections are normal, if you go speaking to a girl thinking you're gonna get rejected then that's exactly how it's going to play out. Just relax, you'll talk to her normally, find out her interests and ask questions about what she likes to do. Then perhaps ask for her number eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What have you spoken about so far? Rejections are normal, if you go speaking to a girl thinking you're gonna get rejected then that's exactly how it's going to play out. Just relax, you'll talk to her normally, find out her interests and ask questions about what she likes to do. Then perhaps ask for her number eventually.
    Not a lot really. Just gym stuff and what she likes to do there tbh.
    I know, I just don't know how to not think like that anymore
    I'll try to.
    I'll think of some questions for when I see her next.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Bump

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Hey

There's this girl I've seen around a lot recently at the gym (she works there) and I'm really wanting to go and have a proper chat with her.
    I just really don't know how.
    I'm rubbish with girls and will almost certainly mess it up.
    So any NORMAL advice will be greatly appreciated!

We've spoken a little so far but nothing major really.
    She's really nice and friendly and has helped me out so much so far (way more than the other staff there)

Does anyone have any advice?
    She's way out of my league but heck, no harm in trying, right?

I'm really shy and quiet and just don't know how to go about this after my 9 previous rejections :/

Tbh all this snapchat and instagram crap have ruined romance and confused people as a women i would much rather a guy came over to me and said hey i think your really beautiful would you like to get a drink with me than liking my pictures and then stressing over whether 3 kisses means he likes me or is he just being friendly tell her something nice something genuine maybe she turns you down maybe she won't either way telling her something nice about herself will make her smile and warm to you much more than if you just go straight in with "wanna get a drink sometime"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Truely grateful for the 1 useful reply here!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'll pm you later. Battery's low af right now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.