Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like a guy and I think he likes me but he doesn't text first? Watch

So I met this guy a few days ago and it's only been a few days but we clicked instantly, everyone at the party who didn't know us thought we were a couple. He keeps flirting with me and asked me out on a date but he never texts first. I don't know what to do, I kind of feel a bit like a beg every time I message and also because I've only known him for a few days, I don't know if he's acting like this because he has a girlfriend. I feel so paranoid, what should I do??

ReputationRep:
    Why does he need to message you first? Why is that a worry? Just enjoy yourself, relax and don't analyse everything he does.

I'm just worried in case he's not as interested in me as I am and I don't want to come across desperate, even though I kinda really like him

ReputationRep:
    Text him first.

ReputationRep:
    lol why are you playing these mind games with him?
    this is why I gave up with dating - too much of this
    I get called "too forward" for just telling girls that I like them
    but I'd rather do that than play this weird turn-based game of masked intentions
    and honestly, am I really going to *want* to be with somebody who plays these petty games?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Some people don't like texting first, it's not always up to the guy to text first anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleNerple)
    lol why are you playing these mind games with him?
    this is why I gave up with dating - too much of this
    I get called "too forward" for just telling girls that I like them
    but I'd rather do that than play this weird turn-based game of masked intentions
    and honestly, am I really going to *want* to be with somebody who plays these petty games?
    I was lucky to have female friends who turned me on to the flirting girls do so you will give them attention but for them to be all like "look at this guy who's flirting with me, I'm so wanted"

To be fair, I've seen lads do similar things but mainly they get one reply of a girl and they're the perfect example of that "I guess you could say things are getting serious" meme :')

if he has a girlfriend I suggest you stay out of his way lol. however if he doesn't just text him first innit. but remember you shouldn't always be the first to start the convo. you should give him a chance do so. otherwise you might come across as desperate. I know it's hard especially if you really like the person.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know if he's acting like this because he has a girlfriend. ??
    This is why he doesn't text first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    This is why he doesn't text first.

no, not necessarily. i know guys who don't text first because they feel a bit insecure or simply like when girls are actively "pursuing" them. it doesn't even matter if it's a guy or a girl... some people just are like that, doesn't mean they're in a relationship

It's okay lol he explained himself, also he doesn't have a girlfriend so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    It's okay lol he explained himself, also he doesn't have a girlfriend so it's all good
    Oooh Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    It is ok to text a guy first, you know. I'm a woman and I have never been afraid to approach a guy first or message them first. It's refreshing, trust me. Also, men don't really pick up on our subtle hints and think that we're not interested. You need to be more plain.

ReputationRep:
    God please text him first... There is this girl at school that I like and I think she might like me but she never messages me first and its making me feel like I should back off a bit...

ReputationRep:
    What was it? Did he run out of texts or something 😀

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.