The Student Room Group

Exams during gap year?

Currently taking A2 maths, Chemistry and Physics and predicted A*A*A respectively. Although my grades say I'm ready for uni, I'm not 100% sure what course I want to study and if I'm mentally ready for uni right now.

As a result, I think that taking a gap year would be the best thing to do right now. I plan to self teach AS and A2 further maths in my gap year to enhance my application to what ever course I decide to do, whilst working.

for anyone who did exams/retakes during a gap year,

Where did you sit the exams?
Did you work whilst retaking, if so, how did you split your time?
Reply 1
The cheapest and simplest place to take exams is your current centre if they will accept you.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
The cheapest and simplest place to take exams is your current centre if they will accept you.

I asked and they said no :frown:.
Reply 3
Original post by Chemgawd99
I asked and they said no :frown:.

In that case you just need to find an exam centre willing to accept private candidates and enter there. Any exam centre can accept you but few to accept private candidates as they cause of lot of extra work and hassle. The amount the centres charge varies wildly so it is worth shopping around. Entries can be made from mid November - mid February for Summer exams. When you do enter make sure they know to re-cash in AS maths and A level Maths as well as your Further Maths qualifications in order to maximize the manoeuverability of the applied units in order to maximise your grades..

Quick Reply

Latest