Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls... Would you date a fat guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As long as he has a pretty face and a nice personality, why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blameitontiffany)
    As long as he has a pretty face and a nice personality, why not.
    But being fat affects the shape of your face and makes it look like you don't have a jaw or chin. Also.. man tits.

ReputationRep:
    I love gaben

No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?
    Coz... personality.

ReputationRep:
    You assume that all fat guys are inherently good people and that slim people can't be good people.

What is a good personality anyway? What people find attractive in personalities is very wide ranging. Just being "nice" isn't what governs attraction and doesn't constitute a whole personality. Who wants some over docile man servant as their boyfriend? Not me for start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)
    But being fat affects the shape of your face and makes it look like you don't have a jaw or chin. Also.. man tits.
    Huh... I guess I don't mind? I've crushed on various chubby guys before so, I don't think the jaw or chin thing matters. Man tits well.. I've never seen a naked chubby guy before so.. Haha! By pretty face I mean their eyes and smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    You assume that all fat guys are inherently good people and that slim people can't be good people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't think anyone did.

(Original post by Cherub012)
    Coz... personality.
    yeah 'personality' because thats enough to make a relationship last(!)

Theres millions of fat women out there with personality too... funny how they're still single.

ReputationRep:
    yeah 'personality' because thats enough to make a relationship last(!)

Theres millions of fat women out there with personality too... funny how they're still single.
    Are you a guy or girl?

It was sarcasm since it was the majority of the replies here.

(Original post by tapir)
    Also.. man tits.
    :rofl:

https://tinyurl.com/jdjkmf7

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Reported for posting boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Dating - like everything in life - is a highly competitive field that you've got to work extremely hard at to achieve

Everyone is inclined to want the best in life. Or if you are going to settle then you will settle for 2nd best.

Employers look for the smartest, most dedicated, most skillful, hard-working people. Someone with the whole package who you are proud to have on your team. Likewise people want to date the best looking with the best personality, character and life

Nice guy? Yeah so what, many muscly good looking guys are also nice
    Hes rich? Yeah so what, so are many trim guys too
    Hes funny? Yeah so what... you get the jist

Stuff like baldness, disability, colour, height and ugliness is out of a persons control but stuff like weight and wealth is completely in your control.
    You think guys WANT to work extremely hard to make riches to impress a girl? No, but we do it because we know realistically this makes you more appealing to women. The equivalent for women is plastering themselves in make up and walking around in high heels I guess
    Likewise with weight - sure its easier to stay fat but you'll get rejected. So swallow your pride and rather than working on making your personality more appealing work on losing weight instead and making your body more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Realistically no

Even if hes a lovely guy, the woman who settles for him will never be as attracted to him as she could be. He should still make an effort with his appearance. His body indicates a lack of effort and self-care

Its fat for crying out loud, it can be lost. If I can make the effort to keep myself in shape then so can he
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'm getting married to someone who is medically classed as overweight. When you fall in love, you don't notice their weight as much as you think you would other than what health implications their weight might have on them. My partner is losing weight for the wedding and the future (2 stone so far) but even when he was really big, I saw past that. It was only his health I ever had worries over when it came to his weight, not how he looked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lovely

nah I wouldn't date a fat guy. coz if I'm in good shape and I look decent then I expect the same from him. plus I would hate see man tits. ewww they gross me out.

nah I wouldn't date a fat guy. coz if I'm in good shape and I look decent then I expect the same from him. plus I would hate see man tits. ewww they gross me out.
    :rofl::rofl: i'm dead

ReputationRep:
    Well I would date anyone I can have sex with. If the guy is so overly fat and squashes me do death while we're having sex, why on Earth would I date him? That's getting a death warranty!

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't to be honest

Edit: my boyfriend is classed as overweight but I don't really notice it, I think he's perfect. I was thinking of someone who is very obese simply because I wouldn't find it attractive and because I spend a lot of time exercising and he couldn't partner me in squash or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.