Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls... Would you date a fat guy? Watch

(Original post by epsilondelta)
    No I wouldn't to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then you better not be overweight yourself....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'm getting married to someone who is medically classed as overweight. When you fall in love, you don't notice their weight as much as you think you would other than what health implications their weight might have on them. My partner is losing weight for the wedding and the future (2 stone so far) but even when he was really big, I saw past that. It was only his health I ever had worries over when it came to his weight, not how he looked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same with me and my GF! Too many people nowadays are very shallow when it comes too looks, men and women!

no way. personallyt think fat guys should date fat girls, a slim girl won't choose a fat guy over a fit guy... unless fat guy was stinkin rich and paying her to date him

ReputationRep:
    I actually date one in the past. He was so overweight that he couldnt lift me up when i am just 50 Kg. I just dont feel i would do it again

ReputationRep:
    To be honest. I don't mind a bit of extra chub. But it depends on their overall health. For instance I'm classed as fat, but I'm 6ft and I can carry it well, and I am actively making a change by going to the gym and eating healthily to lose the extra pounds. If the guy is keen on becoming healthy then I'd be fine with that. But if his fitness levels were so bad that he was out of breath after a brisk walk with me, it would put me off.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?
    And as you're an anonymous, he should also be a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?
    Good thing you wouldn't, because I'm sure fat people don't want you. And on behalf of slim people, we don't want you either. I'm a decent person so they should be a decent person, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light Lobotomy)
    Good thing you wouldn't, because I'm sure fat people don't want you. And on behalf of slim people, we don't want you either. I'm a decent person so they should be a decent person, too.
    KinD of harsh. But most of the fat people literally dont take care of themselves. The one i date used to eat so unhealthy and ate alot of junk food. Tried to steer him to healthy eating but couldnt. So i gave up

I don't know if it is just me but....

I would never be attracted to someone who is fat in the first place...but I won't mind if the person I love is fat...ie becoming overweight after I fell in love with the person

ReputationRep:
    Who doesn't want a thicc boi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceejayblue)
    KinD of harsh. But most of the fat people literally dont take care of themselves. The one i date used to eat so unhealthy and ate alot of junk food. Tried to steer him to healthy eating but couldnt. So i gave up
    It's your prerogative to date a fat person or not. By the same principle, it's theirs whether they want to eat some green beans or a chocolate pudding. If you're dating someone, you should be doing it because you're into them, not because you're into what they could be.

That's not harsh at all.

ReputationRep:
    No most likely. I find it a bit of a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even allow anyone to date me if I was fat. Not letting anyone see me while I'm fat lmao.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.