Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys- I'm a year 13 student with offers for English at the above unis and im really struggling to pick a firm choice. The offers are all 3As, and I've got an ABB offer from Surrey as my insurance.
    My gut is telling me to go for UCL because ive always wanted to live in London and i don't know if I'll ever have the guts to move there myself, but im wary of the price and quality of the accommodation there.
    If anyone is studying at any of these three unis and has advice, especially on accommodation, that would be really gratefully received.
    Thanks 💖
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankenstein394)
    Hi guys- I'm a year 13 student with offers for English at the above unis and im really struggling to pick a firm choice. The offers are all 3As, and I've got an ABB offer from Surrey as my insurance.
    My gut is telling me to go for UCL because ive always wanted to live in London and i don't know if I'll ever have the guts to move there myself, but im wary of the price and quality of the accommodation there.
    If anyone is studying at any of these three unis and has advice, especially on accommodation, that would be really gratefully received.
    Thanks 💖
    UCL certainly has the more prestigious (and IMO better) English department, but before committing yourself, you should make sure you like the module options (for example, I believe you have to take Chaucer and medieval lit at UCL - is that something you'd like to study?).

If you haven't already visited UCL then I suggest you do, speak to current students about accommodation and the cost of living. London is pricey, but manageable if you economise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.