Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering exactly how likely it is to get into halls of residence rather than private accommodation if Reading is your insurance offer.

I ask this as I'm pretty sure that I won't get into my firm uni and will (hopefully) still get the grades for Reading, but as I haven't been given the chance to pick the accommodation that I would like, I was wondering if I will still be able to get a place in halls!

Sorry if this thread sounds a bit repetitive, and thanx to anyone that can help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    I was just wondering exactly how likely it is to get into halls of residence rather than private accommodation if Reading is your insurance offer.

I ask this as I'm pretty sure that I won't get into my firm uni and will (hopefully) still get the grades for Reading, but as I haven't been given the chance to pick the accommodation that I would like, I was wondering if I will still be able to get a place in halls!

Sorry if this thread sounds a bit repetitive, and thanx to anyone that can help me
    In their accomodation booklet they say that ppl who apply from clearing and insuarance should get a place in halls and they will contact you in mid september with details.

Ps relax it will be over soon!

ReputationRep:
    im in this position now as reading is my insurance and i didnt get the grades for my first choice (leeds) i emailed reading a while back and got this response

Hello Matthew,

I apologise for the delay in responding.

We do not ask students holding Reading as their Insurance choice to complete
    an accommodation application form (this is because so few students actually
    end up going to their Insurance university).

We normally expect to be able to offer University accommodation to Insurance
    candidates. Althoug we do our very best to match people's preferences, the
    choice of available accommodation is likely to be limited by the end of
    August. When you get your results, if it turns out that you will be coming
    to Reading, please contact me again. If you have got any disabilities,
    medical conditions etc which make it necessary for you to have a particular
    type of accommodation please let me know.

In the meantime, all the best for the results!
    the idea that very few people go to their insurance place is reassuring for getting a place, but with people coming through clearing its going to be a scramble still, you'll be fine (as will i be hopefully!)

i phoned up this morning and they said they will send the relevant forms through

ReputationRep:
    i applied for leeds, although i went for reading as my first choice.

Got in so

I was in St Patrick in my first year.

If you guys are stuck for accomodation the accomodation centre is a great help. Although u may be allocated into a host family (i.e in someone elses house) which may not be that cool.

www.thestudentvillage.com has rooms still available now tho so u might be able to just bypass all the accomodation palava and go there .

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.