Turn on thread page Beta

Are funny guys more attractive? watch

Announcements

Like is it important to you that a guy is funny? all I hear about is how girls absolutely love funny guys. I understand that making someone laugh is good but come on how important can that be? most funny guys I know are not particularly attractive. It's great that they're funny and nice but how does that even make them attractive? how is humour an aphrodisiac?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty damn important.

ReputationRep:
    Very important. Don't lose your sense of humor if you have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Like is it important to you that a guy is funny? all I hear about is how girls absolutely love funny guys. I understand that making someone laugh is good but come on how important can that be? most funny guys I know are not particularly attractive. It's great that they're funny and nice but how does that even make them attractive? how is humour an aphrodisiac?
    I would consider myself somewhat funny, however she will need to get past my shockingly ugly looks.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is always making me laugh. I think it's important as it spices a relationship up, and keeps things interesting, as I never know what he's going to do next, that I'll probably end up laughing for ages at. When you're with someone funny, I think it makes it really easy to enjoy yourself while you're with them.

ReputationRep:
    If someone is funny and can make you laugh then you want to be around that person more, well I certainly do, and you are attracted to them and their company.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm a comedian because people laugh at me

ReputationRep:
    yes it is very important! If the two of you cant have a laugh then where's the fun in that? It also helps with getting to know the other person's personality.

ReputationRep:
    It depends whether it's a case of laughing along with someone or laughing at someone...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. This is how Frank Skinner has got off with many attractive girls. Work on your repartee.

ReputationRep:
    Girls prefer a fat wallet.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm extremely attractive and funny so it's a win win

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    humour makes you more attractive than if you were the same in all areas, but without the humour. it does not make you attractive.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Extremely, also bad puns are always appreciated.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yaaaaaaaaaas

ReputationRep:
    Obvsss

ReputationRep:
    balancing tenderness with aggression is key

I must the only one who doesn't like them funny. especially when it feels forced or hes borderline comedian

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.