Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ISIS and Israeli flags social experiment. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    So, supposing you don't support all actions of British government, can I call you anti-British? And if I don't support some actions of British government is it OK for me saying "F*ck Britain"?
    It's only about Israeli government? What about Israeli parliament? Israeli army and police? Israeli judicial system? You don't have problems with them, do you?
    Nope. It's about the state of Israel, it's about the hole country. It is not accidental that you with sympathy replied a poster who called Israel apartheid state and expressed his hate toward state of Israel.
    It is.

To deny this is lying to yourself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Having Jewish genes is not really a great argument in a political discussion.
    "Your religion"?

Israel is a Jewish state. It hurts you, doesn't it? :cool:
    The fact I am Jewish and don't hate myself means I am not anti-Semitic or a self hating Jew.

It hurts me that any state has a religion or any religion has a state.

I'm fed up of people like you hijacking my religion by turning Judaism into an Israel fan club rather than a religion or culture.

Judaism is not a race so describe criticism of Israel as racist is baffling.

ReputationRep:
    Usually it implies. Do you condemn Hamas?
    No it does not. Being against one extreme, does not require you to support the other extreme.

I do.

E.g. I think Islam is a dangerous ideology that needs to be kept in check. But at the same time I think Trump's "Muslim ban" as he himself called it in the election, is against the constitution and against the liberal values the West stands for.

ReputationRep:
    So, supposing you don't support all actions of British government, can I call you anti-British? And if I don't support some actions of British government is it OK for me saying "F*ck Britain"?
    It's only about Israeli government? What about Israeli parliament? Israeli army and police? Israeli judicial system? You don't have problems with them, do you?
    Nope. It's about the state of Israel, it's about the hole country. It is not accidental that you with sympathy replied a poster who called Israel apartheid state and expressed his hate toward state of Israel.
    That's what people think though. People are against two things; Zionism and the actions of the israeli government. What you think is irrelevant.

I know you're desperate to flex your victim complex and make it seem like everyone against Israel is against jewish people, but that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    I do.
    Why? After all they kill people you hate. Most of Israel haters refuse to condemn Palestinian terrorists and sometimes even call them "friends".

ReputationRep:
    Why? After all they kill people you hate. Most of Israel haters refuse to condemn Palestinian terrorists and sometimes even call them "friends".
    I don't hate Israelis, I don't think killing is right (well I am not certain about death penalty for particularly heinous people, but that's besides the point).

That's what you don't understand. Nor do you want to understand it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate Israelis
    Really? :cool:
    Like the fact that Israel is a terrorist rogue nation that has no right to exist
    Israel being a rogue terrorist nation.
    And yet I fully support the view that Israel is a rogue terrorist nation, that should never have been allowed to exist in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Really? :cool:
    Yes, really.

All 3 quotes call Israel a terrorist nation.

Doesn't mean I hate Israelis.

ReputationRep:
    man said "good luck" :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.