Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Virgin (20f) talking to young professional (24m) from Tinder, good/bad idea? Watch

Hi everyone,

I'm 20 years and a virgin. I've had plenty of times to lose it and I've either been too scared or just grossed out at drunk guys. Anyway me and my friend downloaded Tinder and after a day I matched with someone who seemed nice. Moved things over to Snapchat and he messages a LOT. I will sometimes take a few hours to open his snaps and once I begin to type again he's online. Sends loads of stuff. A bit clingy to be honest and not the bestest looking but he seems very nice, has a degree and a decent job so I know he's not a waster. I'm just wondering if a 24 year old is maybe too old for someone like me with absolutely noooo experience? (I obviously know 24 isn't old! but in this context). And is this a bad sign that he's already quite clingy?!

TL;DR: What would you honestly think of a girl being 20 and still a virgin, despite being decent looking and at uni etc?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with being a virgin at 20. Don't see how being "decent looking" and being a uni student has anything to do with it, there are lots of other people in the same boat as you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's a bad sign he might be too clingy.

With the snapchat thing though, at least with me, when somebody is typing a message it comes up on my phone and I get a notification even before you've sent the message. That might explain why he's online.

I don't get what you mean about him being too old in this context..? Can you elaborate

Don't worry about being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take the win. 32 going on 33. Proud virgin. Have a great job and friends. Regarded as handsome and friendly. Always believed in waiting for the 1/marriage. Now realise that's not possible in modern day society, but happy to stay celibate than betray what I believe in. Tinder is about the worst place to look for a relationship - wouldn't touch it. Hold on in there. PM if you feel like discussing...would be eager to talk.

ReputationRep:
    You find him clingy and not good looking.. everything else is irrelevant. Stop wasting his time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.