Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK so on Tuesday I went for a few drinks, nothing crazy tho. Woke up Wednesday a bit hungover and dehydrated - thought nothing of it. Didn't really go away all day so drank plenty and just chilled. Next day when I woke up I felt completely fine, but about 40 mins later I felt as if I wasn't really awake and had to sit down. To give context I used to get this a lot in High School (at Uni now) and haven't had this problem all year. Friday, Saturday and now Sunday feel exactly the same, like I'm aware I am currently typing but it doesn't feel like I am conscious.
    The whole time I have had following symptoms:
    - Can't smell anything
    - Feel dehydrated no matter how much water I drink
    - Really bad breath
    - Not feeling aware I am doing something eg washing up or cooking

I am also struggling to fall asleep, like went to bed at 9 yesterday and was still up gone 2. I booked a doctors appointment for next week but I am worried they'll just say I'm being over dramatic or something.
    Basically it feels like part of my brain is switched off, but I can still function normally just not conscious of tasks I am doing...
    If anyone has any similar experiences or suggestions they would be appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OK so on Tuesday I went for a few drinks, nothing crazy tho. Woke up Wednesday a bit hungover and dehydrated - thought nothing of it. Didn't really go away all day so drank plenty and just chilled. Next day when I woke up I felt completely fine, but about 40 mins later I felt as if I wasn't really awake and had to sit down. To give context I used to get this a lot in High School (at Uni now) and haven't had this problem all year. Friday, Saturday and now Sunday feel exactly the same, like I'm aware I am currently typing but it doesn't feel like I am conscious.
    The whole time I have had following symptoms:
    - Can't smell anything
    - Feel dehydrated no matter how much water I drink
    - Really bad breath
    - Not feeling aware I am doing something eg washing up or cooking

I am also struggling to fall asleep, like went to bed at 9 yesterday and was still up gone 2. I booked a doctors appointment for next week but I am worried they'll just say I'm being over dramatic or something.
    Basically it feels like part of my brain is switched off, but I can still function normally just not conscious of tasks I am doing...
    If anyone has any similar experiences or suggestions they would be appreciated.
    I used to have the same issue, but unfortunately don't remember a lot of it. I think for me it used to happen for almost a week at a time, and would happen in bursts coming on every few weeks/months. It lasted quite a while. Are you any kind of medication at the moment? Keep an eye on how you're feeling between now and your appointment, because it could be a case of you coming down with a virus or something. If you think you'll forget, which will probably be very easy to do in this state, write it down

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I used to have the same issue, but unfortunately don't remember a lot of it. I think for me it used to happen for almost a week at a time, and would happen in bursts coming on every few weeks/months. It lasted quite a while. Are you any kind of medication at the moment? Keep an eye on how you're feeling between now and your appointment, because it could be a case of you coming down with a virus or something. If you think you'll forget, which will probably be very easy to do in this state, write it down
    No medication. Do you know what triggered it for you? only thing I can link is fizzy drinks, like I used to drink a lot in short time, then none, maybe the amount of sugar? Now I have minimal sugar in diet, no fizzy drinks unless mixed with alcohol no chocolate etc, and I was drinking Vodka coke. Could be affecting my sleep pattern?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No medication. Do you know what triggered it for you? only thing I can link is fizzy drinks, like I used to drink a lot in short time, then none, maybe the amount of sugar? Now I have minimal sugar in diet, no fizzy drinks unless mixed with alcohol no chocolate etc, and I was drinking Vodka coke. Could be affecting my sleep pattern?
    No clue what triggered it exactly. I already had chronic fatigue syndrome, but the doctors couldn't link it. I'd say maybe, but I don't get why it would still be affecting you now after just a night

ReputationRep:
    Maybe something to do with your sinuses?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.