about headphone jack splitter Watch

This discussion is closed.
etomac
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
will the headphone jack splitter decrease the frequency (i.e. from 22kHz to 11kHz for each headphone)?

or will the quality of the sound be the same?
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by etomac)
will the headphone jack splitter decrease the frequency (i.e. from 22kHz to 11kHz for each headphone)?

Depends how good the splitter is. I have an independently powered one with three 3.5mm jacks and the sound quality is just as good. Its a bit expensive but it wont decrease the sound volume. I don't know where else you can get it, i haven't seen it around but its the Boostaroo 3 way splitter and it can be found on the Apple shop.

Hope that helps!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by etomac)

No its just a parrerel jack, you will get the full frequency on both ear phones. However you will increase the load of the amp so if you're using a portable you may well damage the amp section on it. On HIFI amps its fine because its using the HIFI amp with a massive resistor, however portables have very very low wattage amps in them just designed to drive headphones. It also depends on the sensivity of your headphones.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (328)
37.27%
No - but I will (71)
8.07%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (418)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise