Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know what to wear! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be doing work experience at a special needs school and I have been told to wear comfortable clothes as I will be running about, rolling on the floor, etc. quite a lot. I have no idea what to wear without looking too smart/ too trampy so some advice maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a guy or a girl?

If you're a girl, black skinny jeans, a nice/formalish top and some ankle boots or comfy smart shoes (not trainers basically) will be fine - schools tend to be quite casual

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wear an abaya, anything casual to wear above that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycrusher)
    I wear an
    abaya, anything casual to wear above that?
    Would you wear anything else? Difficult practically to roll about in I would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    I wear an abaya, anything casual to wear above that?
    What else would you wear on top of an abaya besides something like a Cardigan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    What else would you wear on top of an abaya besides something like a Cardigan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A cute flannel shirt, a jumper. Or I could wear a maxi dress, or a maxi skirt with a nice blouse perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Would you wear anything else? Difficult practically to roll about in I would have thought.
    The abaya does ride up sometimes, but I'm used to it

ReputationRep:
    The abaya does ride up sometimes, but I'm used to it
    I'm not Muslim so forgive my ignorance
    Could you wear a shorter version with jeans? That way your modesty is preserved and may be more practical especially if you get riding up or worse a trip up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    I'm not Muslim so forgive my ignorance
    Could you wear a shorter version with jeans? That way your modesty is preserved and may be more practical especially if you get riding up or worse a trip up!
    No but, In my opinion, it' s not the end of the world if somebody gets a glimpse of what jeans I'm wearing.

ReputationRep:
    A cute flannel shirt, a jumper. Or I could wear a maxi dress, or a maxi skirt with a nice blouse perhaps?
    No one cares that much about your appearance - just turn up in something practical and as long as you feel confident in it, it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.