Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had the HTC M7 for a couple of years now.
    Yes I know, M7 is really out of date now considering how many updates that phone has had. But like with most HTC's when they get old they get painfully slow and just out of date.

I have been considering on getting the HTC 10 which is basically today's version of the M7.
    I can't find any good enough reviews on it, though. Has anyone bought the HTC 1O, if so how good is it and how do you get on with it, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieAmelia98)
    Yes I know, M7 is really out of date now considering how many updates that phone has had. But like with most HTC's when they get old they get painfully slow and just out of date.

I have been considering on getting the HTC 10 which is basically today's version of the M7.
    I can't find any good enough reviews on it, though. Has anyone bought the HTC 1O, if so how good is it and how do you get on with it, thank you.
    Root your M7 and put a new rom on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieAmelia98)

I own the Ten, so happy to answer any questions you have. However here's a quick rundown of my likes and dislikes;

*Display quality is excellent, not quite Samsung-tier but colours are very nice and it gets plenty bright enough for anything except the sunniest weather.
    *Like all 2016 flagships, performance from the 821 chipset is fantastic and I never experience any lag or crashes during day to day use.
    *HTC finally managed to put a decent camera in their phones again. Again, I don't rate it quite as highly as Samsung or Apple's competing phones, and like all smartphones it suffers in low light, but during daytime use I'm very happy with the results.
    *Build quality is, as with all One series cameras, superb.
    *The speakers are a step back from the previous One series phones, but still sound good and get quite loud. On the off chance you have a high end pair of headphones, this is the best sounding phone for use with headphones that I have heard yet.
    *HTC's software skinning is nowhere near as obtrusive as it used to be, and the bits I don't like we're largely eliminated when I installed my preferred launcher. I feel like they've made the settings menu unnecessarily complicated though.
    *The fingerprint reader is fine, but it misses a scan often enough to be frustrating.
    *Battery life on mine is erratic, bordering on poor, but I bought my phone second hand and I have no idea how the previous owner treated it so absolutely wouldn't take my experience as a general indication of the phone. From the reviews I've read its battery life is typically good enough to get through a working day. Fast charging works very well with compatible chargers.

All in all it's a phone I can recommend if buying on contract. With that said, if you are buying a phone handset-only, then I would recommend buying a OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T instead. For a significant chunk of cash less you get a phone that is equal to the HTC Ten (and indeed virtually all flagship phones) in almost every regard. Unless there's a specific feature in another phone that you want, there's very little reason to spend more on modern flagships than than you would on a OP3(T).

ReputationRep:
    FWIW, I've been a HTC owner since the HD2 but I bought a Pixel XL a few months ago and loved it! It's made by HTC still but a pure Google phone. Slightly more expensive but worth looking in to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.