Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help a girl out in a very hard situation :) Watch

I'm in a really difficult situation and I really have no idea what to do, can any of you help me make a decision?

To cut it short I've been with my partner 7 years since I was 16, last year we broke up and a few months later I gained a crush and slept with him, and a month later me and my partner got back together...

Me and my partner live down south UK but my family and friends live 3.5 hours away north UK. This year I will be finishing college and gaining a level 3 in makeup and job prospects for this are better up north.

I love my partner very much but we have a lot of stress on with all of this and it's so hard. I also have two good friends who I have met from college here.... me and my partner also have two cats.

I want to stay with my partner but he will be down here for two years doing a qualification and I miss going out at night, seeing my family, I'm always bored with no one to see and nothing to do when he goes to work which is why I was thinking of moving me and my cat into my mums house (same as last year).

This decision is VERY hard because me and my partner both have a feeling we could break up if i move due to his insecurities and long distance.

Please help a girl out xx

ReputationRep:
    There is, sadly, no easy solution here. You have to ultimately decide what works best for you in the long run. You've worked hard to try to build a career in makeup and there are more jobs up north. Is a job in your chosen field your priority? Is going out and having family nearby to visit and enjoy a priority? Do you see yourself building a life and a future with your boyfriend..... is that what you want with him? If yes, is building a life with him and perhaps starting a family more of a priority. You mention stress in the relationship. Is that due to you getting with another guy while you were broken up or the prospect that you could be moving away or generally just a stressful relationship? I'm afraid no one here can give you the advice you seek because only you know what is in your heart and where your priorities are. You might even need to make a pro/con list. At the end of the day you have to follow your heart and then, hopefully, live with no regrets to your decision. Where do you see yourself the most happy?

tell him all of this and see what he says. It might be that you can work it out e.g..going out a night a week and so on

(Original post by Anonymous)
    tell him all of this and see what he says. It might be that you can work it out e.g..going out a night a week and so on
    We have spoke about it a lot, and I still can't come to a decision. We are both heartbroken to leave one another but I don't know what else to do, I don't think I can commit to another 2 years down here, it's the country and I am so used to the city and having places to go and people to see. I feel like I just live for my partner down here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.