Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which decade was better, the 90's or the 00's Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    90's, seeing as I wasn't alive for most of them

ReputationRep:
    90s
    ---
    The early 2000's were good as well as the 90's leaked into it, but then it went massively downhill.
    Spoiler:
    Show

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    same. Even though I was born in July 99', I still believe it was the best year.
    Tbh idk why i thought you were much older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Tbh idk why i thought you were much older
    It's probably my views. Some people say I'm 10 years out of date and my head is stuck in 2007.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's probably my views. Some people say I'm 10 years out of date and my head is stuck in 2007.
    Well they're not wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Well they're not wrong
    I know. But I like it that way. 2007 is way better than 2017.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I know. But I like it that way. 2007 is way better than 2017.
    You only think that because you're young. Very little has changed in the last 10 years, if you don't like life now then you wouldn't have liked it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    You only think that because you're young. Very little has changed in the last 10 years, if you don't like life now then you wouldn't have liked it then.
    Yes I did. I loved 2007
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did. I loved 2007
    So you must love 2017 too, because as I say, very little has changed.

ReputationRep:
    2017 is alreyt. 2007 was way better. Better music, better tv. You had Frankie Boyle on Mock the Week
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    2017 is alreyt. 2007 was way better. Better music, better tv. You had Frankie Boyle on Mock the Week
    Ah I see, so your view of 2007 is garnered from YouTube videos. You don't remember experiencing it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, so your view of 2007 is garnered from YouTube videos. You don't remember experiencing it.
    I do remember experiencing it. It was a brilliant year all round. I remember when Brown got in, I was ecstatic. My family are Brownites
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I do remember experiencing it. It was a brilliant year all round. I remember when Brown got in, I was ecstatic. My family are Brownites
    I don't believe you. Brown didn't 'get in' - he inherited the job, he didn't win an election. And the Brown years were disastrous for Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really have much to base it off as I was born in 1998, so I'll have to say the 00s :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you. Brown didn't 'get in' - he inherited the job, he didn't win an election. And the Brown years were disastrous for Labour.
    It was a disaster. But I'm still a Brown fan. I know he did inherit it from Tony Bliar.

ReputationRep:
    The 90's did look awesome but growing up in the early 00's I think a lot of the 90's stuck with us since the stuff people talk about from the decade I can relate to and so can most people growing up in the early 00's espically with stuff like music, TV shows, movies, toys/gadgets but we had the added bonus of new technology (which was at the perfect balance of useful and not too advanced) but suddenly everything changed so fast and it's like kids today don't know anything about what we had growing up so I think the 00's were better but thanks to the overlaps from the 90's.

ReputationRep:
    Really?…
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Really?…
    Yeah. I mean obviously technology has improved, but in day to day life (the music people listen to, the TV they watch etc) 2017 is really not that different to 2007.

ReputationRep:
    It was a disaster. But I'm still a Brown fan. I know he did inherit it from Tony Bliar.
    It was highly known and possible (especially in 2005) that if they voted Blair they'd get Brown, it wasn't a shock like with May... everyone knew once Blair would go Brown would take over and is a strong reason why people stuck with labour. the thing is it wasn't just Blair that won the election it was New Labour and Brown was the mastermind behind the economic plan of it.

I don't think Gordons leadership Or time in office was a disaster, sure he was surrounded by disasters events but he led the country In a great way and showed the world leadership during the crisis (something he was praised for a lot), I don't think people realise just how bad the banking crisis could've been. He was the right man in the right place at the right time for sure, to be fair he didn't even lose 2010 since it resulted in a hung parliament that's how divided the country was at the time but they didn't completely abdon labour… Miliband and Corbyn led people to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    It was highly known and possible (especially in 2005) that if they voted Blair they'd get Brown, it wasn't a shock like with May... everyone knew once Blair would go Brown would take over and is a strong reason why people stuck with labour. the thing is it wasn't just Blair that won the election it was New Labour and Brown was the mastermind behind the economic plan of it.

I don't think Gordons leadership Or time in office was a disaster, sure he was surrounded by disasters events but he led the country In a great way and showed the world leadership during the crisis (something he was praised for a lot), I don't think people realise just how bad the banking crisis could've been. He was the right man in the right place at the right time for sure, to be fair he didn't even lose 2010 since it resulted in a hung parliament that's how divided the country was at the time but they didn't completely abdon labour… Miliband and Corbyn led people to do that.
    You're right Brown and Darling handled the recession brilliantly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.