Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,
    I am currently in my first year in the Cardiff and I am studying Business Management. I am prepared to answer any questions for things such as-Accommodation,education,quality of the course,about the city and whatever you feel you need to know.The only thing I might not be able to answer is entry requirements because I am an EU student and I am not quite familiar with the requirements for UK students.

Regards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizard359)
    Hello everybody,
    I am currently in my first year in the Cardiff and I am studying Business Management. I am prepared to answer any questions for things such as-Accommodation,education,quality of the course,about the city and whatever you feel you need to know.The only thing I might not be able to answer is entry requirements because I am an EU student and I am not quite familiar with the requirements for UK students.

Regards.
    What are your thoughts on the accommodation options? Which do you think is best, worst..? How has yours been so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizard359)
    Hello everybody,

Regards.
    You competing at th varsity match this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quixote.)
    What are your thoughts on the accommodation options? Which do you think is best, worst..? How has yours been so far?
    Hello,
    I live in Talybont, it is the biggest student accommodation.It has a social bar,sports centre and two tescos in 10 minute walk (depending where you live).There are North and South where rooms are smaller but still en-suit and where all the party it is.If you want a place where there is a party 24/7 this is your place.It depends also on what room you will get since there are rooms which are right next to where all people from the clubs get back and rooms which are on far more quiet places.Talybont Court it is the closest to city it is about 15-20 minute walk to Students Union and the Main building (South is 5 minutes more,North 10,Gate 15) and offers slightly bigger rooms but it is worth 500 hundred more (still you can stay until 23 June while other facilities deadline to move out is 9 June).I live in Court and I am satisfied with it.Kitchens are far bigger than South and North.Also the facility services are great if you have some issues they fix it within one or two days.Finally, Gate is the newest one,the size of the rooms is the same as Court but it has TV in the kitchens and the furniture is far better.If you have a bicycle it is great,otherwise it is fifteen minute walk because you have to go all way through the campus.A plus is that it is right next to Tesco which is 24/7,McDonalds and KFC (if that is a plus ).Outside of Talybont there are senghennydd Court and Halls which a have been into and I am not quite impressed with it.It is closer to the city but I prefer Talybont.Colum Hall is right next to the Business School but many rooms are right next to the road and it gets quite noisy. It depends what price you are prepared to pay because it vary from 3500 to almost 5000.I suggest to apply as soon as possible because this year the rooms were not enough for all first years.I applied in August and got my first choice.I hope this answers some of you're questions,I will be happy to answer any further.
    Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You competing at th varsity match this year?
    Unfortunately not.
    Regards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.