Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I live in Kirkcaldy, Fife and I need to drive to Edinburgh airport and to be there for 6:30. I would prefer not to use the motoroway as I am nervous but does anyone know when the motorway is less busy and most busy as it is other traffic that gets me nevous. I would be very grateful for help. Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by sims050713)
    Hi, I live in Kirkcaldy, Fife and I need to drive to Edinburgh airport and to be there for 6:30. I would prefer not to use the motoroway as I am nervous but does anyone know when the motorway is less busy and most busy as it is other traffic that gets me nevous. I would be very grateful for help. Thanks
    If it is 6.30am you should be fine in the early hours of the morning, if it is PM then I would say between half 1 and 3 is usually ok unless any accidents happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sims050713)
    The day is very important, motorways tend to be less busier during work hours however there will be more trucks around since thats when they work. If it's a weekday and you apply the '2/3 hour before flight' rule, then it should be relatively clear, but there will still be traffic, it's unavoidable. As much as you find motorways nervous I can't stress it enough that motorways are classified as the safest roads in the UK and there is nothing scary about them, you don't have to drive like others (or me) driving 90mph+ in the outside lane, stay in the inside lane and stick to 68/70mph (cruise control would make speed control a lot easier and means you have more time to check outside instead of worrying about your speed. Not using the motorway also means you will have to deviate a long way and take quite a bit longer and more stressful since there is more of a chance of missing a turn or something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.