Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently work at sainsburys and have just turned 18, but have been working 10 days after my 18th till payday.

1. Does my wage automatically increase or will I have to go to HR to sort it out?

2. Will i get some of my pay based on being 17 & the other half based on being 18, or will it just be 17 & the following month increasing to the 18+ wage rate?

Thanks😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immy663607)
    I currently work at sainsburys and have just turned 18, but have been working 10 days after my 18th till payday.

1. Does my wage automatically increase or will I have to go to HR to sort it out?

2. Will i get some of my pay based on being 17 & the other half based on being 18, or will it just be 17 & the following month increasing to the 18+ wage rate?

Thanks😅
    Id imaging you would have to remind payroll that you have turned 18. They might already know, but its best to check.
    They will be able to sort it out for you and tell you how it is all sorted out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Id imaging you would have to remind payroll that you have turned 18. They might already know, but its best to check.
    They will be able to sort it out for you and tell you how it is all sorted out.
    Thank you😁

ReputationRep:

Thanks😅
    It should automatically increase for you.

I don't work at Sainsbury's but when I turned 21 my pay p/h increased, and did a shift or 2 after I turned 21 (and before the cut off date for the months pay) and on my payslip it showed my wages and how much I earned before and after turning 21 !

But if you still feel unsure, then call and double check with payroll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks😅
    The pay increases at year increments; your hourly rate should increase from £4.05 to £5.60 if you are receiving minimum wage.

I was under the impression that Sainsburys (1) pays more than minimum wage, and (2) has a standard wage across all age brackets, so everyone gets the same if they are in the same positions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.