The Student Room Group

Interested in police and law enforcement, where can I go?

I've got 8 GCSEs A*-C and have tried sixth form and a business and admin apprenticeship. I didn't like sixth form because I didn't like two of the three subjects I chose and the apprenticeship because I wasn't comfortable in the stuffy office environment and didn't enjoy the boring work.

I'm interested in anything to do with law enforcement, whether that be in the police or somewhere else, and was wondering if I have any options? I'm based in Bedfordshire and have contacted Bedfordshire police, only to find that I can only begin to volunteer or get hired there at the age of 18 or older. Also I've applied to the police cadets and am waiting on a response.

So in order to avoid having to go back to a different sixth form (and study different, more enjoyable subjects), is there anything else I can do? I would say that sixth form has always been the plan B because I just don't enjoy that form of education but will put up with it if I have to.

Can anybody help?

Christina
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest