The Student Room Group

Did i fail AS?

Hey everyone,
I was a german exchange student in 015/016 and with that i also took my As Levels. I got my Grades but i never really got a As Certificate, i never really bothered since my hostmum send me my exam results with a 2 month delay and the postal service is not the fastest when it came to shipping to germany. Further are british certificates litterally worth nothing in germany. However now i am worried that i might have actually failed As. I took 4 subjects:

geography: U (Not Proud about it)

History: A ( I was so close hitting that famous A*..i think)

Business: E

Media Studies: D

I always thought that if you fail one subject (Like in my case geography) that you still pass easily?

I litterally just got a white Slip titelt "Exam Results 2016"

My exam Board was aqa, if that helps...

(Such a confusing system...)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chris24898
Hey everyone,
I was a german exchange student in 015/016 and with that i also took my As Levels. I got my Grades but i never really got a As Certificate, i never really bothered since my hostmum send me my exam results with a 2 month delay and the postal service is not the fastest when it came to shipping to germany. Further are british certificates litterally worth nothing in germany. However now i am worried that i might have actually failed As. I took 4 subjects:

geography: U (Not Proud about it)

History: A ( I was so close hitting that famous A*..i think)

Business: E

Media Studies: D

I always thought that if you fail one subject (Like in my case geography) that you still pass easily?

I litterally just got a white Slip titelt "Exam Results 2016"

My exam Board was aqa, if that helps...

For AS [and A2 for that matter] a fail is considered to be anything below an E grade. So you passed everything with the exception of geography.

Hope that helps
Reply 2
So theoretically if had continued i could just have dropped Geography and do A2 without a problem? So i should have received a certificate? It might sound totally dumb but our system is highly different here
Original post by Chris24898
So theoretically if had continued i could just have dropped Geography and do A2 without a problem? So i should have received a certificate? It might sound totally dumb but our system is highly different here

Yes, you could have dropped geography and continued the others to A2. I'm pretty certain that they hand out certificates for AS, so maybe you should contact your host mum/ the school you attended and see if they have a copy of your results.

Quick Reply

Latest