Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all
    Ive applied for politics and sociology (joint honours) at both unis with offers. The entry requirements are ABB with Aston lowering them to BBB if i put it as firm. I'm undecided because of the respurces, reputation, ranking and buildings at UoB but Aston is pretty friendly and closer to home. Anyone have any advice for either uni? thanks a bunch
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tofulover)
    Hello all
    Ive applied for politics and sociology (joint honours) at both unis with offers. The entry requirements are ABB with Aston lowering them to BBB if i put it as firm. I'm undecided because of the respurces, reputation, ranking and buildings at UoB but Aston is pretty friendly and closer to home. Anyone have any advice for either uni? thanks a bunch
    Hi,

I graduated from a Joint Honours Psychology and Sociology degree from Aston in 2014 and now work in the marketing team at the university.

Rather than throwing marketing speil at you, i was wondering if you had any specific questions about Aston, the course or student life in general.

Best of luck deciding.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    hello
    thanks for the friendly offer
    what would you say are the best 3 points Aston has to offer few other unis do?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tofulover)
    hello
    thanks for the friendly offer
    what would you say are the best 3 points Aston has to offer few other unis do?
    Sorry for the slow response, i didn't get a notification because you didn't quote me. Personally i would go with the following:

1) Our integrated placement year, a lot of universities are now catching up with us and see the benefits of placement year. However we are far more experienced and have a substantial number of connections and dedicated staff to help you find that all importan placement.

2) Compared to visitng a number of friends universities, campus feels far more welcoming and easier to make friends within. The fact Aston is a small uni means a high chance of making friends outside of your course. It's allmost garunteed if you join a club or a society.

3) We are ranked 2nd in the UK in the Teaching Excellence Framework which measures the quality of teaching in universities across the UK. Aston is constantly looking to improve the learning experience of it's students and bringing innovation to the classroom. I can't praise the panopto lecture recording system enough when it came to revision.

Hope that helps

Josh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.