Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim women watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    Maybe I will if you brush up on your spelling
    anyway...thats rich coming from someone who uses sentences like...
    jason0506Thank Lord we are not in democratic Saudi Arabia, where they SHUT UP the people they cannot argue with.

ReputationRep:
    If i had to choose between Christianity and Islam (i'm neither) I would have to choose Islam, because it is much more open to interpretation and according to many scholars is more reliable...

Christianity over the years has had to change due to falling numbers of believers, i see this as a cop out, a weaker religion?... Having read the history of Christianity, i feel it is not all that it seems... it has been corrupted over the centuries, used for political reasons and changed by many to suit their needs... What ever happened to Mary Magdalene, the wife of Jesus?... If Jesus is the SON of God... who is God's wife?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    If i had to choose between Christianity and Islam (i'm neither) I would have to choose Islam, because it is much more open to interpretation and according to many scholars is more reliable...

Christianity over the years has had to change due to falling numbers of believers, i see this as a cop out, a weaker religion?... Having read the history of Christianity, i feel it is not all that it seems... it has been corrupted over the centuries, used for political reasons and changed by many to suit their needs... What ever happened to Mary Magdalene, the wife of Jesus?... If Jesus is the SON of God... who is God's wife?...
    dude...religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. But i would agree that Christianity has lost its credibility. And i would say that the only genuine religions are Islam and Judaism....

ok...headache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    still doesnt stop millions of people from having faith through this religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Where do you get this from? The qur'an is explicit, undeniable, and not to be interpreted whatsoever! It's holy, unedited word delivered through holy means. Sure the hadiths are human stories. But the qur'an alone I think makes Islam the most stale, outdated religion in the modern world.

Christianity over the years has had to change due to falling numbers of believers, i see this as a cop out, a weaker religion?...
    Christianity sees falling numbers because christianity is prevalent in the west where disaster, strife and struggle is not the way of everyday life. People tend to turn to religion when they're in a mess. The west is quite comfortable. If anything makes a religion weak it is its inability to change, when arguing with a christian they can just say "well that's one man's interpretation it's not holy, I merely believe in christ so I'm a christian." If arguing with a muslim, you can tie them down to outdated and unpopular beliefs which are forever recorded in the qu'ran (homophobia, sexism, bullying)

Having read the history of Christianity, i feel it is not all that it seems... it has been corrupted over the centuries, used for political reasons and changed by many to suit their needs... What ever happened to Mary Magdalene, the wife of Jesus?... If Jesus is the SON of God... who is God's wife?...
    Christianity is not to be taken so literally, hence its ability to survive through adaptation. We could start asking questions like that with regards to the qur'an "how was it delivered to an illiterate?" "why was it delivered to a paedophile?" and you have a much greater problem on your hands because so much more is holy within Islam.

ReputationRep:
    It would be better for all if religion did not rate high on peoples priorities... I have nothing against those who practise their religion for their own personal reasons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    It would be better for all if religion did not rate high on peoples priorities... I have nothing against those who practise their religion for their own personal reasons...
    i agree...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Where do you get this from? The qur'an is explicit, undeniable, and not to be interpreted whatsoever! It's holy, unedited word delivered through holy means. Sure the hadiths are human stories. But the qur'an alone I think makes Islam the most stale, outdated religion in the modern world.

Christianity sees falling numbers because christianity is prevalent in the west where disaster, strife and struggle is not the way of everyday life. People tend to turn to religion when they're in a mess. The west is quite comfortable. If anything makes a religion weak it is its inability to change, when arguing with a christian they can just say "well that's one man's interpretation it's not holy, I merely believe in christ so I'm a christian." If arguing with a muslim, you can tie them down to outdated and unpopular beliefs which are forever recorded in the qu'ran (homophobia, sexism, bullying)

Christianity is not to be taken so literally, hence its ability to survive through adaptation. We could start asking questions like that with regards to the qur'an "how was it delivered to an illiterate?" "why was it delivered to a paedophile?" and you have a much greater problem on your hands because so much more is holy within Islam.
    Christianity is not SOLID, which is why it is able to change... why should religion change... surely God does not change if he is omnipotent.

The Church is more or less a joke now with scandals involving paedophiles and little boys...

how was it delivered to an illiterate?" "why was it delivered to a paedophile?

From what i've told it was delivered by God via the prophet and others wrote it down... as for the last comment i don't know if he was... why did girls in medieval times get married at age 13?

ReputationRep:
    dude...did you not want to do ppe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Christianity is not SOLID, which is why it is able to change... why should religion change... surely God does not change if he is omnipotent.
    No ... religion has to change with time...how can you implement the same laws one day and expect them to followed 3000 yrs later...thats why religion must be open to interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)

paedophile?..........anyway if ever looked at islma proply you'd see that it's one religion that actually makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Culture and religion are different things... culture may change but religion should never change... "laws" are man made, they are part of a culture... some cultures practise different laws...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    yeah......cos they're the kind of people that would go around saying stuff like jason put up
    But jason is perfectly right... Islam (at least in the Quran) is a very violent religion. Please check the quotations, e.g. also here http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ (site of the University of California Muslim Students).

Of course, instead of "murder the infidels" it is more politically correct to translate "defeat the infidels" .

For the kind of seriously deranged thinking you can derive from the Quran, check e.g.

http://www.muhajiroun.com/press_rele..._londistan.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giordano)
    But jason is perfectly right... Islam (at least in the Quran) is a very violent religion. Please check the quotations, e.g. also here http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ (site of the University of California Muslim Students).

Of course, instead of "murder the infidels" it is more politically correct to translate "defeat the infidels" .

For the kind of seriously deranged thinking you can derive from the Quran, check e.g.

I was told that "infidels" refered to those that attack people practising Islam... therefore if a Christian group attacked a Muslim group then those Chrsitians become Infidels and must be defeated (makes sense)... However you are NOT an infidel if you practise another religion, which is why Muslims say they are tolerant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Culture and religion are different things... culture may change but religion should never change... "laws" are man made, they are part of a culture... some cultures practise different laws...
    so did you or did you not want to do ppe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    so did you or did you not want to do ppe?
    What the hell is ppe?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What the hell is ppe?!
    ok not you then.... politics philosophy and ecos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giordano)

like i said before..........i give up because i can't be bothered proving to you that what you have are NOT REAL VERSES.......and isn't it funny how you people try to suck out all the bad things, change the wording to make it look worse but ignore the piles of good things there are to be said about a religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    I agree, but as I explained that leaves islam weakened, because now all muslims are testifying to outright sexism, homophobia and generally backwards ideas.

From what i've told it was delivered by God via the prophet and others wrote it down... as for the last comment i don't know if he was... why did girls in medieval times get married at age 13?
    because the religion is outdated is why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    like i said before..........i give up because i can't be bothered proving to you that what you have are NOT REAL VERSES.......and isn't it funny how you people try to suck out all the bad things, change the wording to make it look worse but ignore the piles of good things there are to be said about a religion
    Well, the University of Southern California website has online three of the most respected translations of the Quran in English (Yusufali, Pickthal, Shakir). What do you mean by "what you have are not real verses"? did you check them? do you have a better translation? please indicate it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.