Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes but that is basically what the original commentator said. You ought to follow a scholar even if he is a complete nutter and therefore there will be no sin on you, and you will live in heaven happily with your 72 virgins.
    Well thats what I said it's wrong, use your brain, if the person is saying stupid things and is a complete idiot preacing weirdness (e.g Elijah Muhammad and his likes) then you should never follow them. In Islam you are supposed to follow schlars and use your brain and human intellect and if anything he says contradicts what god says, then you should ignore and tell the preacher what you think of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    Now there is a question for all muslims. What is Islam's opinion on homosexulity, what does your Imam say about it, and do you agree with it?
    Well now Jason, you with all your knowledge of islam should know the answer to that.

ReputationRep:
    I do mate, but I'd like to hear your opinion, as indeed everyone else's. Surely you will not miss this chance to show the rest how tolerant you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    I do mate, but I'd like to hear your opinion, as indeed everyone else's. Surely you will not miss this chance to show the rest how tolerant you are.
    Why? Are you a homosexual or something? By the way I don't agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    What? Really? And I thought Islam was renowned for its tolerance and acceptance of others!
    What a pile of BS.

ReputationRep:
    Womem IN Islam

Islamic Punishments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    that's the parents fault.......when their kids are young their parents shower them with things which islam may forbid when they're older or which may take them along the "wrong road" just to look like a modern family but when their kids grow up used to the western culture the parents blame the kids and wonder where they went wrong
    Funny, they don't say that about the sons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    lets not go into this...
    Bush a devout Christian believes in a crusade of bombing a poor helpless countries.

Jewish leaders bulldoze houses....does that mean the religion is like that...NO
    Er, yes, actually, it is pretty good evidence these religions are "like that", don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    was?
    It isn't often allowed to now.

ReputationRep:
    Mohammed's marriage to Aisha when she was six, and the consummation when she was nine, is accepted by nearly all muslims. Look at muslim sites via goolge, or consult any biography for confirmation.
    Personally, I think that this is probably a later amendment by a follower with a taste for sex with children. A few muslims maintain that Aisha was nineteen- still a thirty-five year age difference, but she would probably be physically adult- and this is the only case where Mohammed is alleged to have exhibited such tastes.

ReputationRep:
    "But you can use the same science like relativity theory to
    prove that the earth is flat"

:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    my dearest outrageous,

i apologise for saying islamic women!
    i think i have gone too far into all of this muslim women thing. i understand why you are being serious about this, but you must understand i am merely an indian ladki
    thanks for explaining everything though, im glad to know that beating women isnt allowed and as i have said in a previous post, culture and religion are two different things.
    seriously, thanx though
    Dear Neha,

No worries. Now thats cleared up. And hey you got every bit much the right to speak like the rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    S The quran was so great that Quraish who had many learned people in their circle and whos knowledge of arabic and people was something to rival Shakespeare's command of english. And they couldn't make anything like the quran. The prophet first told them that if they thought he was such a lair, they should write something as great as the quran, and they couldn't. They he said to only write 10 surahs like it and they couldn't, then 1 surah and they still couldn't( the shortest surah in the quran is kawthar and it is only three ayah's) Imagine that a whole tribe unable to do something that an illiterate man did.
    And who tells the whole story? The Prophet. Perhaps the Quraish wrote marvelous Surahs, but the Prophet didn't like them. Hard luck for the Quraish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giordano)
    And who tells the whole story? The Prophet. Perhaps the Quraish wrote marvelous Surahs, but the Prophet didn't like them. Hard luck for the Quraish
    The Quran was not written by the Quraish tribe. Yes it was written down by people but it was God's words. At least that is what Islam says and what muslims believe I suspect. It's redundant to discuss who wrote what. Is it that difficult to leave a faith be? Seriously don't join it if you have such dislike for it. Although my faith in the Lord is not great I do not go around tearing a faith down. Its childish.

But if you must know, the quran was memorized not only by the tribe of Quraish, the prophets tribe, but by everybody around him, his sahabah, his followers, converters etc. And Muslims, no matter what, will not question a book, if they simultanously submit them to God who states otherwise in that book. That is also why Muslims are ordered to believe in Bible and Torah and a third book which descended but all three, according to the Quran, were made corrupt. So a final book, which by Allah/God, was guaranteed from corruption came down and thats what muslims believe.

If you are going to tear down the Quran, you might wanna start with its pre decessors. Because those are no exception either.

The tradition of memorizing the Quran and citing it was one way of keeping track of the content. With the bible, we don't even have the Bible in its language of origin. More than half the bible was written in a today dead language, Aramaeic. All we have is translations which are fundamentally flawed by contradictions and errors. The Torah as well.

If the Quraish tribe wanted they could have made themselves superior, which one sect in Islam claims they were. Shiia Muslims believe in Ahul Bayat.

If you really want to know how the Quran came about, then research it. Stop telling people their prophet did this or that. There is a lot of stuff written on this. Not only by imams or scholars but objective parties. Look it up. You might learn something.

Nobody is asking anybody to join islam nor should they. So why can we not leave islam alone. Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outrageous)
    Christ.
    wrong religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outrageous)
    The Quran was not written by the Quraish tribe
    Nobody is asking anybody to join islam nor should they. So why can we not leave islam alone. Christ.
    It is difficult to leave Islam alone in a thread discussing Islam.

Yes, I am aware that the Quran was not written by the Quraish. It is somehow ridiculous however to maintain that the Quraish would have been unable to write a good Surah. What do we know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giordano)
    It is difficult to leave Islam alone in a thread discussing Islam.

Yes, I am aware that the Quran was not written by the Quraish. It is somehow ridiculous however to maintain that the Quraish would have been unable to write a good Surah. What do we know?
    The Quran was Allah's miracle to Quraish, the Quraish were great in poetry so Allah sent the quran down to them, because only they could understand it's greatness and that it was not man made. Just like Jesus's people were great in medicine so Jesus's miricale was being able to give life to the death and cure blindness and leprosy (all by Allah's permission). And Moses people were artful with magic, so Allah gave him his staff that turned into a serpent and his hand that glowed like the moon at his will (by the permission of Allah) so the magicians knew that this could not be magic, but from god.

They were unable to write anything like the quran, just like you would be unable to do so. It's from god. And no man, if he worked on it his whole life, would be able to produce one surah like it.And Quraish themselves said that they were unable to do. The Quraish, even the ones that did not become muslims confessed that they were unable to produce anything like the Quran. The stories of the prophet are told either by his companions or his enemies, there is no such thing as the autobiography of the prophet to say that he was the one that told these stories.

ReputationRep:
    The Quran was Allah's miracle to Quraish, the Quraish were great in poetry so Allah sent the quran down to them, because only they could understand it's greatness and that it was not man made. Just like Jesus's people were great in medicine so Jesus's miricale was being able to give life to the death and cure blindness and leprosy (all by Allah's permission). And Moses people were artful with magic, so Allah gave him his staff that turned into a serpent and his hand that glowed like the moon at his will (by the permission of Allah) so the magicians knew that this could not be magic, but from god.
    Only one of Jesus's people was in medicine, Dr. Luke. Moses's people weren't into magic, the egyptians were into magic.

ReputationRep:

They were unable to write anything like the quran, just like you would be unable to do so. It's from god. And no man, if he worked on it his whole life, would be able to produce one surah like it.And Quraish themselves said that they were unable to do. The Quraish, even the ones that did not become muslims confessed that they were unable to produce anything like the Quran. The stories of the prophet are told either by his companions or his enemies, there is no such thing as the autobiography of the prophet to say that he was the one that told these stories.
    The problem is that the only accounts existing of the early days of Islam come from the Prophet's companions. It is difficult to consider them unbiased, or to use them in order to prove that the Quran is the word of God.

Christianity has the same problem. All the early descriptions of Jesus's life come from within the Christian movement. Contemporary pagan historians ignore Jesus completely (yes, there are a couple of mentions in Tacitus and Josephus, but apparently these have been inserted later).

Therefore: to draw the conclusion that the Quran, or the Bible are God's word because they say so, is circular thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    wrong religion
    Wrong faith? Oh the ignorance. You have a true gift.

I was not aware that people need to be member of a particular faith, in order to say Christ. I also was not aware that I ever stated my faith if any.

And you, have no right to tell people what they can or can not say. I realize your close mind does not allow you of otherwise, but try to get your facts straight before typing.

Christ, some people.

I wonder if I will now get fined for saying Christ. Oh Jahve!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.