Muslim women Watch

This discussion is closed.
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lil !*!)
I have a friend who is muslim and she has older brothers who are free to marry whoeer they like. But she will have to marry a muslim when she is older, how does that work?
could be just a family tradition/custom or just something unrelated to the fact that they are muslims.
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a friend who is muslim and she has older brothers who are free to marry whoeer they like. But she will have to marry a muslim when she is older, how does that work?
well that's just her family isn't it.......nothibg to do with islam
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
It also gives men a great deal of power over women. One of the problems that muslim men in the west have is that their daughters aren't behaving in what the fathers think is a properly muslim way.
that's the parents fault.......when their kids are young their parents shower them with things which islam may forbid when they're older or which may take them along the "wrong road" just to look like a modern family but when their kids grow up used to the western culture the parents blame the kids and wonder where they went wrong
Lil !*!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
well that's just her family isn't it.......nothibg to do with islam
OK, its just a bit confusing
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OK, its just a bit confusing
what is? ............the problem is that people mix culture with religion....... islam all makes sense but certain cultures have restrictions on women and other people seem to think it's islam
jason0506
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let us not be ridiculous. Of course it has everything to do with Islam.
Religion of peace?

These are quotes from Quran:

9:123 Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.

9: 5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them

2: 193 Fight them on until there is no more tumult and religion becomes that of Allah”

22: 19“As for the unbelievers for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowls and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods. “

9: 23 O ye who believe! take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love Infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong.

25: 52 So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavor.

47: 4 When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.

3: 28 Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah. except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (to fear) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.

Does this explain why muslim girls are not allowed to intermarry, eh?
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jason0506)
Let us not be ridiculous. Of course it has everything to do with Islam.
Religion of peace?

These are quotes from Quran:

9:123 Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.

9: 5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them

2: 193 Fight them on until there is no more tumult and religion becomes that of Allah”

22: 19“As for the unbelievers for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowls and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods. “

9: 23 O ye who believe! take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love Infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong.

25: 52 So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavor.

47: 4 When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.

3: 28 Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah. except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (to fear) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.

Does this explain why muslim girls are not allowed to intermarry, eh?
ahem!....i don't know where you got those from but murder is forbidden in islam even murdering a non believer!
jason0506
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well maybe you want to get your Quran out and have a look?
Murder is forbidden? Quite.
jason0506
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For all others who think I've made these verses up, you can go to http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/ and enter the verse numbers quoted and see for themselves.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Murder is forbidden? Quite.
lets not go into this...

Bush a devout Christian believes in a crusade of bombing a poor helpless countries.

Jewish leaders bulldoze houses....does that mean the religion is like that...NO

get a life...either educate yourself or shut up.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
anyone know where i can get a relatively cheap english version of the quaran?
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For all others who think I've made these verses up, you can go to http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/ and enter the verse numbers quoted and see for themselves.
ever heard of qaadiyanis??
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
lets not go into this...

Bush a devout Christian believes in a crusade of bombing a poor helpless countries.

yeh!....couldn't have said it better myself!
Lil !*!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
No...want to explain please?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
how about a library...a read for free!
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
any islamic shop.............they might even have it in the library.......the central library here does
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
no ... is it relevant
jason0506
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lets not go into this...

Getting a bit heated? I am actually quite educated and I regret that I am not going to shut up. Thank Lord we are not in democratic Saudi Arabia, where they SHUT UP the people they cannot argue with.

What's for Bush and Christianity, Jesus never, nowhere advocated violence, he never hit anyone, and he died without fighting, which he could easily have done.

Mohammed on the contrary, looted caravans at night, killed his enemies in their sleep and was generally a man you wouldn't normally think of calling harmless.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No...want to explain please?
ok why not......... people who say they are muslims but go around spreading lies about the religion and basically just saying negative things to make people hate muslims...........it all started from a man who claimed to be god and the prophet..........he died in a toilet!
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no ... is it relevant
yeah......cos they're the kind of people that would go around saying stuff like jason put up
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.59%
No - but I will (74)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (451)
47.62%

Watched Threads