Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)

Mohammed on the contrary, looted caravans at night, killed his enemies in their sleep and was generally a man you wouldn't normally think of calling harmless.
    oh really?.....maybe that's why he was called the trustworthy one by his enemies......and maybe that's why even his enemies gave him their pacessions to look after them

ReputationRep:
    Getting a bit heated? I am actually quite educated and I regret that I am not going to shut up. Thank Lord we are not in democratic Saudi Arabia, where they SHUT UP the people they cannot argue with.

What's for Bush and Christianity, Jesus never, nowhere advocated violence, he never hit anyone, and he died without fighting, which he could easily have done.

Mohammed on the contrary, looted caravans at night, killed his enemies in their sleep and was generally a man you wouldn't normally think of calling harmless.
    Ha ha...graduating high school doesnt warrant the title 'educated.' And im sure you live in a civilised 'democratic' society...(what is democratic...where you can elect one of two paries, who incidently have more or less the same policies into power :confused: ?)

Its funny you distance violence from Jesus...you obviously havent read into history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    oh really?.....maybe that's why he was called the trustworthy one by his enemies......and maybe that's why even his enemies gave him their pacessions to look after them
    Jason's claims may or may not be true, but isn't it well documented that me married a 6 year old and consumated the marriage when she was 9?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Its funny you distance violence from Jesus...you obviously havent read into history.
    i agree with many of your points.. but what exactly did you mean by your last one about violence and jesus... example?

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting how you see my comments as anti-muslim and attacking Islam, when in fact all of them are well-known facts that all historians and theologians agree on. I am not attacking you, you believe in the same God as I do, but I am trying to show to others whi have interest in the matter exactly what Islam sanctions. You can't say I'm being islamophobic, because I am not telling lies, I am just using the Holy Quran to show just how different it is from the Bible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the four wives rule, and the unfairness that a woman can't have four hubbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    i agree with many of your points.. but what exactly did you mean by your last one about violence and jesus... example?
    jews have documented Jesus using violence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Jason's claims may or may not be true, but isn't it well documented that me married a 6 year old and consumated the marriage when she was 9?
    nope he didn't......... his first marriage was with a widow who was older than him..............and anyway marriage before puberty isn't allowed

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to be a tad more explicit than that. Did he commit genocide or step on a bug?

ReputationRep:
    ok point taken, but would create a lot of controversy

ReputationRep:
    Jesus and violence? Well I'd be interested to see an example of that, mate. Just please don't start going on about Richard the Lion heart and 12th century crusade, because you know what I will throw back at you. I am talking not about Christians or Muslims or people who call themselves that, but about Christianity and Islam in their correct form.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting how you see my comments as anti-muslim and attacking Islam, when in fact all of them are well-known facts that all historians and theologians agree on. I am not attacking you, you believe in the same God as I do, but I am trying to show to others whi have interest in the matter exactly what Islam sanctions. You can't say I'm being islamophobic, because I am not telling lies, I am just using the Holy Quran to show just how different it is from the Bible.
    fine.......i'll try to be nice aswell..........what i'm trying to say is that you've probably got versus which aren't real and are made by people who are against islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    You'll have to be a tad more explicit than that. Did he commit genocide or step on a bug?
    i dont have time to retell a tv programme a watched on jesus, told from a historians perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    nope he didn't......... his first marriage was with a widow who was older than him..............and anyway marriage before puberty isn't allowed
    What about his third wife, Aysha, wasn't she a child?

I assume the references are to hadiths

Aisha played with dolls while Mohammed was present. Sahih Muslim vol.4:5981 p.1299

‘Aisha was 6 (or 7) years old when she was married, and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old. al-Tabari vol.9 p.130,131

A’isha was married when she was six years old, and nine when she went to Mohammed’s house. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3:1876 p.133

A’isha was seven years old when she married, nine years old when she lived with Mohammed, and 18 years old when he died. (not Sahih) Ibn-i-Majah vol.3:1877 p.134

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    Oh yes he did. Her name hapenned to be Aisha if you don't know.
    And the widow you are referring to was his son's widow who he married despite a law saying you couldn't do it. What Muhammed did was worthy of a genius-he said he had a revelation that allowed him to do that. Can't argue with revelations of different sorts, can you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    fine.......i'll try to be nice aswell..........what i'm trying to say is that you've probably got versus which aren't real and are made by people who are against islam
    Yes but what I am trying to say is-OPEN THE BOOK, AND READ THEM. THEY ARE THERE.
    I've even given the numbers for your convenience. They form a part of Quran don't they?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes he did. Her name hapenned to be Aisha if you don't know.
    And the widow you are referring to was his son's widow who he married despite a law saying you couldn't do it. What Muhammed did was worthy of a genius-he said he had a revelation that allowed him to do that. Can't argue with revelations of different sorts, can you?
    wot?....his son's widow?.......all his son's died as children
    his first wife was a buisness women he worked for and she later married him because of his honesty

ReputationRep:
    Yes but what I am trying to say is-OPEN THE BOOK, AND READ THEM. THEY ARE THERE.
    I've even given the numbers for your convenience. They form a part of Quran don't they?
    i have several times actually and they weren't there!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand why you are arguing over this...none of you are experts in islam.. and neither i am

But i just dont think its right to go around collecting quotes from the internet, and claim its part of a religion...or judge a religion on the actions of people. You cant go around picking and chosing what you want from a religion, because its a whole package.

ReputationRep:
    oh my gawd...i had way too much chocolate chip...i can feel the sugar in my blood.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.