Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you flirt and when are you supposed to flirt? Watch

Im a noob

ReputationRep:
    I think it is hard to instruct on flirting. It comes naturally for some and takes practice for others. At it's heart its is just happy, playful banter. Are you male or female? That makes a difference on advice. I'm a female so can only offer up info on that: Happy, playful banter, a tilt of the head while listening to what he's saying, gentle laugh at his attempts at humor (even if it's not really that funny), ask questions and seem interested in him (don't talk too much about yourself.... but he should be asking about you and your interests, and you ask about him), touch him on the forearm or upper arm while talking, oh and definitely make eye contact.

When to flirt? Hmmmm..... well when you meet a guy you might fancy.... at a club or a friend's house or wherever you might meet. To begin just making good eye contact initially (don't star them down though). If a conversation arises act interested in what is being said etc. Have a pleasant expression. Maybe flirting just begins with good manners...... but not so good you're not approachable.

Good Luck!

(Original post by Hopefully1)
    I think it is hard to instruct on flirting. It comes naturally for some and takes practice for others. At it's heart its is just happy, playful banter. Are you male or female? That makes a difference on advice. I'm a female so can only offer up info on that: Happy, playful banter, a tilt of the head while listening to what he's saying, gentle laugh at his attempts at humor (even if it's not really that funny), ask questions and seem interested in him (don't talk too much about yourself.... but he should be asking about you and your interests, and you ask about him), touch him on the forearm or upper arm while talking, oh and definitely make eye contact.

When to flirt? Hmmmm..... well when you meet a guy you might fancy.... at a club or a friend's house or wherever you might meet. To begin just making good eye contact initially (don't star them down though). If a conversation arises act interested in what is being said etc. Have a pleasant expression. Maybe flirting just begins with good manners...... but not so good you're not approachable.

Good Luck!
    Im a male forgot to say

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Than I can't help much..... but if you see a girl tilting her head, touching your arm, smiling and listening you'll know she's flirting with you!

ReputationRep:
    stare at them while your tongue is hanging out of your mouth slightly, only do this when nobody else is looking. Works like a charm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a male forgot to say
    Obviously, unfortunately, as always, it is us guys who are expected to take lead and initiate the whole courting process.

I can't help much op but I am in the same position as you. Subscribed.

ReputationRep:
    X
    Good advice. But I expect that from you. You're always so thoughtful and even (is it strange to say?) "wise". There are lots of people here who give advice, I know, but when you do it seems somehow different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Good advice. But I expect that from you. You're always so thoughtful and even (is it strange to say?) "wise". There are lots of people here who give advice, I know, but when you do it seems somehow different.
    Wow!! That is so kind! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! That is so kind! Thank you so much!
    I was following your guide Is it working? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is something that you can give advice on.

You need to have confidence and you need to act naturally. If you are following tips, it is going to be awkward.

It is very much a two person thing. If you are talking to a girl, you can feel if there is chemistry there and you can sense how your chat is going down and adapt it accordingly. It is no use to say do this or say that because if you can't sense for yourself what to say, it isn't going to work.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.