The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Yah, I'm applying :smile:
The course looks very good, loads of options to sample of sorts of interesting units, though I'm not hot on the choice of universities in Japan.
To be honest though, I'm applying to Cambridge and SOAS, and if I get in, the choice is between those two.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I met a girl the other night who's a fresher about to start doing Japanese. She said she chose Leeds because the course was excellent and she liked the year abroad, pretty much what you guys said!

She's really looking forward to it if that helps, heh.
Reply 3
I have applied for 2008 and will be attending at interview on the 6th Feb so hoping I get myself into Leeds as the course is exactly what i'm looking for.
Reply 4
im applying for Japanese with International Relations and I have an offer : 32 IB points :biggrin::biggrin: what seems great!
Reply 5
I've recieved an offer for Japanese and Management; ABB :smile:
Reply 6
Got an offer for three Bs. The course looks really good :O I really hope I get in!
Reply 7
Is that for Japanese Studies maskalade?
Reply 8
I applied to both Leeds and SOAS, only to get a fairly quick refusal from Leeds and an unconditional from SOAS. It'd be interesting to know how many students are admitted to each; I figured Leeds' Japanese course would have a much higher capacity, and to be the more likely of the two to accept me...
I have a conditional to study Chinese & Arabic at Leeds for BBB.

Not Japanese, but close ;p.

I was going to apply for Japanese & Chinese, but Japanese is such an easier language to self study for me than any of the other two.
Reply 10
Ta. I'm glad I saw the 14:1 admissions stat after I'd had my offer...
Is SOAS your first choice? Good luck!
Leeds is the nicer City though.
Reply 11
I have also received an offer from Leeds to study IR and Japanese :smile: Leeds looks great for me, but I am still waiting for a reply from Edinburgh.
Reply 12
the same as me Im also waiting...
Reply 13
One more question fellows: which university in your opinion is better for International Relations and Japanese studies? I have received an offer from Sheffield which is ranked 8th by Times in Politics section and from Leeds which doesn't look so great in the rankings. However, we all know that those tables might be a total nonsense. That is why I wonder which one is better for me... So what do you think?:smile:
I'm firmed, as long as I get ABB I'm going to Leeds! :biggrin:
Hello!!!

I'm thinking of putting Leeds as my first choice for Japanese BA at Leeds...

I have an offer from SOAS but they want 36 IB Points which I doubt i will get and I don't particularly like SOAS in terms of feel and looks!

I visited Leeds and they want 32 points with 15 at higher which is very doable and i LOVED leeds!! But I also got an offer from Sheffield which wants 33 points! I havent visited Sheffield though so was just interested in hearing what you guys think about learning japanese at Leeds compared to Sheffield!!

I love the fact that at leeds you go to Japan in your second year!! AHHHH IM SO EXCITED lol

EDIT: I've finally made my decissions and I've put Leeds as my first choice and manchester as my second!! WOOO im excited!!

Latest