Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there I don't really know whether to pick University of Nottingham or University of Surrey. I don't live in the UK and I probably won't have the opportunity to visit the universities beforehand so I could definately use some help!!! Anything you know would be useful, location, unis,course, anything! Thanks c:

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is in a city

Surrey is in the middle of no where

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfigeniaC)
    Hello there I don't really know whether to pick University of Nottingham or University of Surrey. I don't live in the UK and I probably won't have the opportunity to visit the universities beforehand so I could definately use some help!!! Anything you know would be useful, location, unis,course, anything! Thanks c:
    Hiya, I studied Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience at Notts but dropped out due to a Family Bereavement. I absolutely loved it, and my friends who are still on the course are loving it also. Cognitive neurosci and Psy share the same first year conent, so this covers social, cognitive, addictive behaviour, biological modules etc- but this could change for when you arrive. The lecturers are top in their field, so know what they're talking about and are honestly interesting to just listen to. I assume you'll be staying in accommodation, and whether you chose catered or self catered halls you are a five minute walk away from the school of psychology. I stayed in Florence Boot hall which is on campus and I literally rolled out of bed to lectures which was amazing. If you chose self-catered halls these are situated literally just opposite the West Entrance to university park so it's probably another two minute walk- not far AT all. And when the sun's shinning you cant complain about the walk to be honest it's so lovely.
    In the first year of psy you have lectures, seminars (these tend to be in the computer suites which consists of around 50 people doing lab practical's) and tutorials which is where you're assigned to a personal tutor along with 6 others on your course and also a second year mentor. I found this helpful for the times I was struggling on essay writing as we'd all come together to work on essay structure/ content etc. and as a first year not knowing what was going on this helped massively.

If you have any questions about Nottingham in general- or the Psy course just let me know and I'll be happy to answer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.