Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips for being more confident when teaching music Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been chosen to teach songs from this show that we're doing at university to the cast. It's a really great opportunity and everything but I feel so uncomfortable/nervous when I do it and it comes across very clearly. I always end up mucking it up when I do it and I don't know how to tell people to be quiet and stuff like that, especially as most of them are older than me, so just wondering if anyone had any tips. Thanks ☺️
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24601jvj)
    I've been chosen to teach songs from this show that we're doing at university to the cast. It's a really great opportunity and everything but I feel so uncomfortable/nervous when I do it and it comes across very clearly. I always end up mucking it up when I do it and I don't know how to tell people to be quiet and stuff like that, especially as most of them are older than me, so just wondering if anyone had any tips. Thanks ☺️
    Think of a teacher you used to look up to and pretend you are them. What would they do? How would they react to this situation?

You will feel more confident as you get more experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.