(Original post by Conceited)
    Only if it's at SuperHuman98's house
    I thought OP meant the app Houseparty

Blah blah blah
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Don't thank me too soon...

Reddit has lots of great small subreddits. And lots of bad ones... For every great subreddit, there is a parody subreddit. Most of the default ones are pretty bad now, but if you find them annoying the parodies are often funny.

Even the disturbing subreddits have parodies. /r/watchPeopleDie (which is apparently literally videos of people dying... :/ not sure if it has been banned or not) has a funny parody /r/peopleF*ckingDying (which is not videos of people actually dying).

Just out of curiousity, I searched for an opposite to /r/UpliftingNews. Couldn't really find anything that big, except I found myself on /r/HorriblyDepressing and I am still depressed from it.

Reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      I have seen some that I'd wish i had never come across.. reddit is a gem as well as a curse

(Original post by retro_turtles)
        I have seen some that I'd wish i had never come across.. reddit is a gem as well as a curse
        Yeah. Overall really great though. Half the time I google something, I google "site:reddit.com [stuff to google]" to restrict the search to the reddit domain, to avoid wasting time on spammy websites. People like to complain about how much time they waste on Reddit, but it can be a great place to boost your productivity, if you keep away from the relentless cat videos and politics.
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Yeah. Overall really great though. Half the time I google something, I google "site:reddit.com [stuff to google]" to restrict the search to the reddit domain, to avoid wasting time on spammy websites. People like to complain about how much time they waste on Reddit, but it can be a great place to boost your productivity, if you keep away from the relentless cat videos and politics.
        i agree although it could be better in some aspects

The Hivemind mentality

Reddit does become a collection of circle-jerks. Not just restricted to politics, either...

ReputationRep:
          The Hivemind mentality

Reddit does become a collection of circle-jerks. Not just restricted to politics, either...
          This party sounds fun
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by aRandomGuy)
          This party sounds fun
          we're having a ball

(Original post by aRandomGuy)
            This party sounds fun
            You are too young for Reddit. They don't even censor naughty words!

In fact, you will find many actual racists, islamists, SJWs and anarchists on there. Even actual (verified) jihadists have had AMAs on there.

Its an anarchy out there, TSR is probably safer for you atm.

ReputationRep:
            You are too young for Reddit. They don't even censor naughty words!

In fact, you will find many actual racists, islamists, SJWs and anarchists on there. Even actual (verified) jihadists have had AMAs on there.

Its an anarchy out there, TSR is probably safer for you atm.
            Those are too long words for a sunday night. Or I'm just waved.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          Useful resources
          AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.