Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 16 too young to get nipple piercing? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am a 16 year old female and I was wondering you guys opinions on nipple piercings on 16 year olds. I know a piercing shop that will do it so thats not an issue.

I want both done, mostly to correct my inverted nipples.

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    If you want it, do it

ReputationRep:
    Bit idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    Take it from someone who got one done at 15, it's not worth it. Wait until you're 18 or something and if the idea appeals to you then go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Your age isn't an issue, but you need to weigh up pricing (having both done is a lot of money for a 16 year old) and also pain; do you deal well with pain? Do you wear a lot of crochet/lace tops as they will get stuck on the bars. Luckily, if you decide you don't like them any more they look fine when you take them out.

ReputationRep:
    The piercing shop will definitely not do it if you're under 18. They will ask for ID.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ehh, mixed feelings. It's your body, do what you like, but definitely check out the piercing shop and make sure it's properly hygienic and reputable. If it is, go for it, but most only do nipple piercings on adults so it does ring something of an alarm bell for me, but of course only you know the shop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dat Tall Guy)
    Did your career advisor at school tell you to become a whore or something?
    Did your mum teach you to become a judgemental prick or something?

ReputationRep:
    Also, are you just getting them done because they are popular? Let's put it this way; if Kylie (?) Jenner didn't have them would you actually want them and find them attractive? Is this part of your genuine style (not fashion)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Did your mum teach you to become a judgemental prick or something?
    Oh sorry, too close to home?

How is wanting your tits pierced not slutty :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imherpacifier)
    The piercing shop will definitely not do it if you're under 18. They will ask for ID.
    The shop just needs ID that I am 16. Its legal to perform nipple piercings on 16+ in UK
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nesgul)
    Also, are you just getting them done because they are popular? Let's put it this way; if Kylie (?) Jenner didn't have them would you actually want them and find them attractive? Is this part of your genuine style (not fashion)?
    I like how they look, and I am so self conscious over my nipples that I would happily get it done. In regards to your previous comment, I handle pain well and don't wear laced bras.

ReputationRep:
    You're old enough to decide what to do with your own body so if it's what you really want then go for it. Don't listen to anyone calling you a 'whore' or an 'idiot' it's entirely your choice and nobody should judge you for it. I would repeat Chelseadagg3r's comment about checking that the place is hygienic and reputable however.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, too close to home?

How is wanting your tits pierced not slutty :lol:
    How is what someone else wants any of your business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    How is what someone else wants any of your business?
    Why post on a public forum if you don't want opinions? You're letting your personal prejudice get in the way here hon, a bit ironic since you called me judgemental :lol:

I never even said I disliked them, I don't, I think they're sexy. They are slutty though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brojra)
    You're old enough to decide what to do with your own body so if it's what you really want then go for it. Don't listen to anyone calling you a 'whore' or an 'idiot' it's entirely your choice and nobody should judge you for it. I would repeat Chelseadagg3r's comment about checking that the place is hygienic and reputable however.
    I went to the place a few days ago. Very clean and hygienic and you get lots of aftercare information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    I like how they look, and I am so self conscious over my nipples that I would happily get it done. In regards to your previous comment, I handle pain well and don't wear laced bras.
    They are a nightmare when they start healing. You have to be super careful that they don't get infected.

ReputationRep:
    Why post on a public forum if you don't want opinions? You're letting your personal prejudice get in the way here hon, a bit ironic since you called me judgemental :lol:

I never even said I disliked them, I don't, I think they're sexy. They are slutty though.
    You don't have the right to call somebody a whore because of something they want :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    Go ahead then . But I will say, a trustworthy shop would only do it from 18.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.