Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: YEAH

Got in

ReputationRep:
    Been following this thread for ages but never actually posted until now - hi everyone
    I got accepted for Diagnostic! But thinking of going onto Fine Art eventually!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm in the diagnostic pathway. Looks like we're in the same boat hanbanflan, and congrats leon!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Diagnostic as well!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for the graphics pathway has anyone else? I can't decide between CSM and MMU heard so many mixed things about CSM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchapman99)
    I got an offer for the graphics pathway has anyone else? I can't decide between CSM and MMU heard so many mixed things about CSM
    From what I gathered as long as you're hard working and are willing to pester your tutors about things/be outgoing CSM will be good. It also depends on whether you like London or Manchester more. I live in London, it's quite expensive here but the transport is great. There's a lot to do and the high streets are comprehensive. Another thing to know is that it's tourist central, there are loads of people everywhere so if you can't cope with crowds it might not be the city for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blade106)
    From what I gathered as long as you're hard working and are willing to pester your tutors about things/be outgoing CSM will be good. It also depends on whether you like London or Manchester more. I live in London, it's quite expensive here but the transport is great. There's a lot to do and the high streets are comprehensive. Another thing to know is that it's tourist central, there are loads of people everywhere so if you can't cope with crowds it might not be the city for you.
    I'm in a similar boat too - can't decide between Leeds College of Art or CSM!?! Worried about the student satisfaction and ratio at CSM, plus the cost of accommodation... Any thoughts:/?? Congrats to everyone who has got a place btw and if not, heads high, it'll be the work of fate

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing I'm quite quiet so I'm worried I'll get overlooked I love their course though and London. Although the accommodation was ridiculously expensive 😂 MMU just seems so students friendly and more enjoyable, I'm so confused ahha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oz41)
    I'm in a similar boat too - can't decide between Leeds College of Art or CSM!?! Worried about the student satisfaction and ratio at CSM, plus the cost of accommodation... Any thoughts:/?? Congrats to everyone who has got a place btw and if not, heads high, it'll be the work of fate
    Yeah I'm struggling! Mmu was so much friendlier and actually seemed enjoyable not just stressful. I know I'd be happier there but csm's reputation is amazing. Maybe reputation for your foundation isn't that important so we should pick where we'll be happiest? Idk and at least we won't be skint haha

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, well done on getting in!!! sadly i've been unsuccessful but I guess :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: happens I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to be considered for the other foundation course or any last resorts kinda things?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmeruem)
    hey everyone, well done on getting in!!! sadly i've been unsuccessful but I guess :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: happens I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to be considered for the other foundation course or any last resorts kinda things?

Thank you
    You might still be considered at UCA, so contact them or just apply and hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmeruem)

Thank you
    Are you from the UK? Local smaller city Colleges often offer foundations and are more lenient to later applications I think. Some of my friends applied to local universities and colleges and said that their applications had later deadlines so maybe check out that idea out as they have fewer people applying to them. I'm sure a lot of colleges that offer art around the uk will be open to late applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchapman99)
    Yeah I'm struggling! Mmu was so much friendlier and actually seemed enjoyable not just stressful. I know I'd be happier there but csm's reputation is amazing. Maybe reputation for your foundation isn't that important so we should pick where we'll be happiest? Idk and at least we won't be skint haha
    Idk, also depends on where you think you'll do the best work. You're essentially investing a year of your life, so wherever you think you'll get the best education you should go.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats true! because UCA's deadline was only on the 31st March so they may accept later applications to their uni's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oz41)
    I got accepted for Leeds and CSM too. I've heard people like Leeds better bc the staff are more supportive/ more contact time/ friendlier environment. But personally I really want to be in London & CSM seems really cool so I'm choosing there. Also I'm not too bothered about contact time because I work really independently anyway. If you're committed to your artwork, you'll do well wherever you go, so if I were you I'd just go with your heart lol. My interviewer at Leeds said that Leeds & CSM are the 2 best foundation courses in the country, so either way you'll be on a good course.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm in the diagnostic pathway. Looks like we're in the same boat hanbanflan, and congrats leon!
    congrats to you

i'll be into Fine Art one

ReputationRep:
    I have other offers I will pick from I think, I just really wanted CSM but thanks a lot anyway for trying to help )

ReputationRep:
    I got in too! For diagnostic ☺️☺️☺️ Congrats to everyone else who did, see u all in September!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is looking for a roommate btw pls hmu - looking to move out but only have a v small budget. Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Well done Nina, see you next year :-)
    (I can't speak on Instagram anymore because my phone is broken that's I have not been there )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.