Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do we really want an American President who hates Muslims... Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, we don't.

Unfortunately, racist white people do. And unfortunately, racist white people make up the majority of America. There is definitely hope though: white people are projected to become a minority in America in ~30 years. The U.K. and much of the rest of Europe are also on the same path.

By the way, I'm not trying to suggest that all white people are racist (I'm white myself). I just think that the white demographic is generally much less progressive and much more racist. This is probably because it's made up a larger-sized older generation who are desperate to cling on to ways of the past. Sadly, these people can't come to terms with the changing face of a progressive and tolerant America.

ReputationRep:
    They already did vote for the man what's the point here?

(Original post by ciitinit)
    i donno. he sounding like he's wanting a white America, this correct?
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Today we have Trump defending Putin's political killings in Russia (and around the globe), saying the US isn't so innocent.

In the Philippines, the leader there, Duterte, has had thousands of drug dealers and addicts killed and left in the streets, and is openly in favour of killing 3 million of them, seeing himself as like Hitler. Trump incidentally kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bedside for an extended period of time that he probably never read, as he has probably never read a book in his life. (Not Mein Kampf...Hitler's speeches! That is another level of messed up). His associations with far-right leaders and organisations around the world are frequent.
    Trump will soon change his tune if American soldiers were caught and tortured.

(Original post by LiberalOutcast)
      ...makes healthcare prohibitively expensive and incites race wars?

I can't fathom it. His policies will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands of Muslims. He clearly hates Syrians, and he's stopped Muslims from certain countries even entering the USA.

How can people vote for this man?

Under his healthcare proposals the average cost of a policy will skyrocket, some suggest it will make healthcare prohibitively expensive and result in as much as a 25% increase in the policy price. Some estimate it could end up costing trillions.

Don't even get me started on race. Do we really need a racist who advocates in favour of supremacist after supremacist after supremacist standing aloft at the top of the world stage? His policies will end up destroying home ownership rates among minority communities, as well as rates of employment. He clearly doesn't care about the issues which really affect minority communities (258 police shootings against black people, anyone?).

Worst of all he wants to deport illegals in search of a better life.

Is this really the President America wants? It baffles me.
      Hell no! I want an American president that enjoys space exploration in the same way many people like football. Planets and probes, not nukes and anti immigrants. For all the schitt about America and Russia, it would be good for them to start a space race to Mars, kinda like they did with the Moon.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      What is your point? That Obama is somehow worse than Trump? It simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
      Obama's aim was to destroy the US nation state. He's hard-left, anti-Christian, pro-Islam, for uncontrolled borders to break down the democratic order in favour of an ever-growing Mother State with the masses totally reliant on it. He and Clinton are responsible for warmongering abroad and making the world more dangerous and chaotic, destroying millions of lives needlessly. At last we have a president who tells the truth and does an honest day's work and who genuinely loves his country. By the way he doesn't hate Muslims!!!! Stop twisting it. Or do you not distinguish between peaceful Muslims and Islamist jihadist terrorism and terrorist groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Hamas, Jabhat al Nusra (who have changed their name to Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham (the Front for the Conquest of the Levant), Al Queda ? He wants to destroy ISIS. That is such good news. They need to be destroyed. They're nasty brutish killers and slavers. Obama and Clinton indirectly supported them! The travel ban is not even a Muslim ban but the progressive Left want to paint it as such because they want to label Trump a racist. It's what they do. They really just don't like what he stands for, i.e. business success, capitalism, wealth, entrepreneurship, democracy. They demonise rather than discuss issues. They reject reasoned discussion and prefer mob activism and intimidation.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Google22)
      Do we really want another thread of something that has been said, debated and fought over before?
      101% agree

Regardless of what we 'want', it's what the American people democratically elected as President. So shall we just quit all the whingeing on and set about making the best of it. As per the Brexit debate...going on, and on, and on...and on...and on..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Reality Check)
      101% agree

Regardless of what we 'want', it's what the American people democratically elected as President. So shall we just quit all the whingeing on and set about making the best of it. As per the Brexit debate...going on, and on, and on...and on...and on..
      I can't rep you but I agree, Reality. There's **** all we can do about it anyway.

ReputationRep:
      Hating muslims is a safer thing for a country than open borders for muslim countries.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Marco1)
      Obama's aim was to destroy the US nation state. He's hard-left, anti-Christian, pro-Islam, for uncontrolled borders to break down the democratic order in favour of an ever-growing Mother State with the masses totally reliant on it. He and Clinton are responsible for warmongering abroad and making the world more dangerous and chaotic, destroying millions of lives needlessly. At last we have a president who tells the truth and does an honest day's work and who genuinely loves his country. By the way he doesn't hate Muslims!!!! Stop twisting it. Or do you not distinguish between peaceful Muslims and Islamist jihadist terrorism and terrorist groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Hamas, Jabhat al Nusra (who have changed their name to Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham (the Front for the Conquest of the Levant), Al Queda ? He wants to destroy ISIS. That is such good news. They need to be destroyed. They're nasty brutish killers and slavers. Obama and Clinton indirectly supported them! The travel ban is not even a Muslim ban but the progressive Left want to paint it as such because they want to label Trump a racist. It's what they do. They really just don't like what he stands for, i.e. business success, capitalism, wealth, entrepreneurship, democracy. They demonise rather than discuss issues. They reject reasoned discussion and prefer mob activism and intimidation.
      Trump is a wimp, the real enemy is Saudia Arabia, they provide the indoctrination, money and weapons to Al Queda and ISIS, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi as was Osama Bin Ladin.

But Trump will never go after Saudi because they could wreck the US economy so Trump picks on a few crappy countries that can't fight back.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      I don't have a problem with someone being opposed to the Islamic ideology, which in its central text promotes acts that it describes as terrorism, including cutting off heads and fingertips of unbelievers.

I have a problem with Trump for all the reasons I previously mentioned. On this specific point, I think his ban on those seven countries is a retrograde step, disproportionate to the threat posed, too sweeping in its remit, and also likely to be damaging to the US's own economic interest.

Trump is a racist, judged on numerous past instances he was involved in. He is hardly a successful businessman, because if he had invested the money he inherited in a stock exchange index tracker and left it alone, he would be far wealthier today. He is a failed businessman. In regards democracy, he lost the popular vote.
      Why do you hold him to a standard for racism? Progressivism has spent decades ignoring, omitting or propagating comments made by very powerful and prominent progressives calling for the 'end of the white race', comments which are, objectively, infinitely worse than anything Trump has ever said.

Yet, Trump is blasted by the press, as is every other white male who's held to this standard, while women like Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, Lena Dunham, Pat Glass, and a whole host of powerful men and women, get a free pass.

Progressivism flagrantly, obviously, doesn't oppose racism unless the racism is aligned to its political objectives - that it takes the moral high ground on Trump prioritising his own group ahead of other groups (and then conflates this with racism) is absolutely absurd considering the actual racism which is propagated by progressivism.

What kind of world is it where people like you have no inclination to subscribe to a principle of opposing racism, but merely oppose racism contextually? It's a world progressives created. I refuse to permit progressive eugenicists to strip me of my defence mechanisms and deem it's perfectly acceptable to perpetrate racist rhetoric they themselves would meet with calls of a 'return to fascism' the moment the identity was switched.

The hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      I don't have a problem with someone being opposed to the Islamic ideology, which in its central text promotes acts that it describes as terrorism, including cutting off heads and fingertips of unbelievers.

I have a problem with Trump for all the reasons I previously mentioned. On this specific point, I think his ban on those seven countries is a retrograde step, disproportionate to the threat posed, too sweeping in its remit, and also likely to be damaging to the US's own economic interest.

Trump is a racist, judged on numerous past instances he was involved in. He is hardly a successful businessman, because if he had invested the money he inherited in a stock exchange index tracker and left it alone, he would be far wealthier today. He is a failed businessman. In regards democracy, he lost the popular vote.
      Well, Trump's not a racist and it's proven by his everyday life. It's the only argument the left has to shout out as loud and aggressively they can. Sadly it's not even an argument. It's simply an accusation, and an ugly one at that. No one likes a racist but racism has become a political rallying cry and thrown around like confetti at a wedding. If you don't like something and don't know why, call them a racist, a sexist, a homophobe, an Islamaphobe or whatever-aphobe. This is the sad, degraded world we live in. It's frightening because it's all going to end in blood and tears because push push push against liberty, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom of discussion and exchange of ideas in the Western world which cherishes those values, then naturally the pendulum will eventually swing back hard the other way. But I digress. We live in interesting times, I think Confucius once remarked.

Why does economic interest have to interfere with a nation's security of it's borders? Deal with the integrity of the Nation and then that will be part of a healthy foundation for the nation to prosper economically. A country has every right to control it's borders. He's carrying out Obama's researched plan of countries most high on the terrorist export threat list.

He's a very successful and wealthy businessman with a lovely, loving family. The Left with their politics of envy cannot stomach that. They detest him for it. They hate his confidence and his ability and react by wanting to undermine him and tear him down instead of giving him a fair go. NYC is a hard town to be in commercial real estate and he has excelled by suffering and success. He's had his share of failures on the journey and learned from them. He's been tried in the fire and come out a winner with guts and charm. It's a learning curve and he is wiser and more capable than the virtue signalling masses give him credit for, I think. He's no career academic voyeur politician suck-up more interested in survival than doing the right thing. He's a do'er and not in the bribed pocket of corporation donors into the private fund. The guy is awesome and deserves a fair appraisal. The mainstream media disgusts me. Lizards without character or wisdom. Just about selling **** to maintain a sense of popular backing, a sense of control. They are weak unintelligent people. Dig around everywhere without fear, then ponder and ponder some more. These days there's no excuse to be an ignorant adult if one has internet access and basic reasoning skills befitting any average mature minded person capable of distinguishing between emotion and thought.

One needs to simply regard his outstanding leadership and ability to gather, organise and motivate such a highly competent professional team, his inspiring work ethic and his love of America and its citizens, to get an understanding of the man.

ReputationRep:

I can't fathom it. His policies will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands of Muslims. He clearly hates Syrians, and he's stopped Muslims from certain countries even entering the USA.

Under his healthcare proposals the average cost of a policy will skyrocket, some suggest it will make healthcare prohibitively expensive and result in as much as a 25% increase in the policy price. Some estimate it could end up costing trillions.

Don't even get me started on race. Do we really need a racist who advocates in favour of supremacist after supremacist after supremacist standing aloft at the top of the world stage? His policies will end up destroying home ownership rates among minority communities, as well as rates of employment. He clearly doesn't care about the issues which really affect minority communities (258 police shootings against black people, anyone?).

It's irrelevant what we want it's the people of the usa's choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      I'm not sure what any of your post has to do with Trump being a terrible person.
      It relates to progressivism's moral character (perhaps even your own), or your desire to accentuate certain acts of racism and pay absolutely no heed to others.

Their opposition to racism stops at the border of their political objectives. They propagate racism against white men (far worse than anything Trump has ever said). You couldn't care less, you certainly haven't written posts about it.

The point is you don't have principles, you have contexts. You don't oppose racism, you just oppose it contextually. If you really opposed racism you'd be banging a huge drum questioning why the only racism peddled by people in power is against white people, and why it ('diversity') bares such a striking resemblance to 'progressive' policies on eugenics from the 1920s.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      You are talking nonsense.

Trump is despised all over the world, by a diverse range of people. This isn't down to "Progressivism".

The reason why Trump is such a pressing issue is because 1) his policies are so abhorrent and 2) in his office, he is the single most influential person in the world today.

It isn't just a matter of his racism, but his sexism, discrimination against minorities, and in general, his Us. vs. Them attitude. That he is a narcissistic psychopath is merely the vehicle under which he operates.
      You political affiliation is abhorrent. Progressivism has been launching into sexist tirades against white men for decades, and I'm sure you don't blink an eyelid.

Its opposition to sexism stops at the border of male victims or female perpetrators, its opposition to racism stops at the border of non-white perpetrators or white victims, its opposition to homophobia stops at the border of fawning over a communist tyrant (a man who slaughtered homosexuals), its opposition to xenophobia stops at the border of hating the British nation-state and its advocacy of women's rights stops at the border of Islam.

It doesn't oppose anything, all it does is exploit people's identities as a proxy for class warfare and to fulfil its ultimate aim - global government.

That you sit there and preach morality when you support people who reinforce the very prejudices they claim they oppose is absolutely absurd. You couldn't give a crap about racism outside the context of non-white people; you aren't principled, like most progressives you apply morality contextually.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      You seem to be creating a strawman.
      No, it's a reflection on your behaviour. Just a few weeks ago the BBC was fawning over 'black heroes' and 'black culture' despite knowing full well a simple context switch ('white culture', 'white heroes') would be met by its own calls of a 'return to fascism.'

1. Why should I adhere to morality posited by racist progressives?

2. Why do you accentuate certain forms of racism, but ignore others? Where is your moral outrage about comments which are, objectively, infinitely worse than anything Trump has said (eg, calling for a white genocide, or the extinction of white men), or will ever say, and which are propagated by progressivism?

Your entire world view is filtered by the identity of the perpetrator or victim, and Trump is the enforcement of an attitude adjustment. That's ignoring the question of how you even deem Trump is racist.

The ideology you support doesn't oppose racism, and it's absurd you believe it does.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      You seem to be creating a strawman. If someone has committed a racist act, they should be prosecuted, the law is clear on that.

If the BBC did such a thing, that would be more of a faux pas or an inconsistency rather than strictly racist. Calling for genocide however is a criminal offence.

In regards to Trump being racist, I already mentioned that Trump was prosecuted for discriminating against black people when offering apartments for rent. That is not really disputable. You don't have to be "Progressive" to be opposed to racism.
      If they did such a thing? It's all over their website! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02xlw7b http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/134613.stm

Where is your moral outrage about Yasmin Alibhai-Brown appearing on BBC programming? Where is your moral outrage about Lena Dunham appearing on Hillary Clinton's campaign trail? Where is your moral outrage about Pat Glass, an MP, declaring 'old white men are the problem' during the EU referendum?

Are you outraged, as you are about Trump? If not, why not? At the root of your answer to these questions is the extent to which you truly oppose racism.

Well, considering progressives can fawn over Castro, and invoke connotations with heroism around his legacy, despite the fact he sent homosexuals to death camps, I feel vindicated in supporting Trump as a necessary adjustment to progressivism's socially acceptable bigotry waged from a position of power (MSM, Higher Education, Houses of Parliament, etc.).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      I've already said that there is so much fuss over Trump because: 1) his policies are so abhorrent and 2) in his office, he is the single most influential person in the world today.

The other issues you mentioned pale in comparison in terms of significance and timeliness.

You seem to creating a strawman. You are assuming positions I hold that I do not hold, and acting like you know me better than myself.
      No, I'm proclaiming you're only outraged about racism in one direction. The lack of moral outrage you express over powerful progressives espousing blatantly racist attitudes, like Sadiq Khan declaring there's 'too many white men' in the TfL, is testimony to that.

You only care about racism contextually, and as far as it aligns to your political objectives. You clearly don't give a crap about the ideology of those you support propagating racism from a position of power, and against white people.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Onde)
      You seem to be saying that two wrongs make a right. I have noticed this is a common theme of Cretinism.

Saying that an organisation is not representative of society is not blatantly racist, regardless of whether or not it was worded correctly.
      Quite the opposite. You accentuate certain forms of racism - in fact you're filled with incandescent rage and a sense of injustice about them (largely because it's a type of racism the MSM has accentuated for you, while omitting, contextualising or rationalising racism perpetrated against alternate identities) - while displaying less than a blase attitude to the precise equivalent injustice perpetrated against another identity type.

The moment I witness you display the equivalent sense of injustice about racism, sexism or xenophobia perpetrated by progressives against men and white men is the moment I afford credence to your self-proclaimed 'moral' stance.

Until then, Trump exists as a very necessary attitude adjustment to prevent the people you support stripping a group in society of every defence mechanism they afford to every other group, and propagating the very prejudices they claim they oppose (but don't), solely to manipulate well-meaning people into supporting their nefarious agenda.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Maker)
      You obviously don't know what these forums are for.
      Endless discussions about the same 4 or 5 topics?

ReputationRep:

As an American (and someone who is not a trump supporter), I can affirmatively say that condescending, biased, misinformed posts like
      yours are exactly why Trump supporters support Trump.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.